Email to check on 03/24

pinot noir

Hi all,

I received an email today telling me that a decision was being made and I could check my admissions status online at 8:00 a.m. on March 24th. I've been accepted to two out of five, rejected by one, and I'm not too invested in this decision (although it was originally my top choice), however I was just curious, should I assume it's a rejection or should I wait to make a move to keep my options open. Thanks for any advice.

To the OP it depends on your department. I received the same email this passed Friday to check on March 23 at 8:00 am. Personally, I am not too optimistic since it seems that last year for History (my program of choice) there were like 6 rejections on the 24th of March. I have not heard a peep from the history dept, and the only saving grace for my heart is that this year the application deadline was 45 days later than last year. My head knows the answer even though my soul doesn't. Sorry to be that guy. This whole process has turned me from a glass half-full into a half-emty type person. Enough about me though, for you, I would gauge how they deal with rejections from others in your department since it seems that for other programs this type of email can be a good thing. Good luck!

That's so strange. It's almost like they will know the answer before, but they just aren't going to tell you until then.

It's an administrative notification. It's their way letting you know that their IT team is working to upload the results from your department. I actually prefer this method to the endless wait.

It's an administrative notification. It's their way letting you know that their IT team is working to upload the results from your department. I actually prefer this method to the endless wait.

It is nice to know exactly when you're going to know, either way.