Do I make my offers aware of eachother?

lil kiwi

I'm currently in contact with organising people at one of the offers I'm considering, i.e. assistant director of programme, getting some questions answered etc.

Is it bad to mention where my other competitive offer is coming from? Or is it typically better to not let them know who they're 'competing against', so to speak?

I was personally asked by one of my programs several times by several different professors. Though this may not be universally true, if they have already accepted you, they will likely try to convince you of the superiority of their school over your other competing choices. I am not sure how it can hurt you in any way to answer such a request.

I'm currently in contact with organising people at one of the offers I'm considering, i.e. assistant director of programme, getting some questions answered etc.

Is it bad to mention where my other competitive offer is coming from? Or is it typically better to not let them know who they're 'competing against', so to speak?

Don't you mean "organizing"? You should let them know where your other competitive offers are coming from, so they will compete against other universities for you. You may receive a higher stipend. :)

Don't you mean "organizing"? You should let them know where your other competitive offers are coming from, so they will compete against other universities for you. You may receive a higher stipend. :)

Organizing would be the US spelling of the word. Most UK English words that end end in ..zing in US English are ..sing in UK English which is probably what's is used in Australia and NZ.

I was personally asked by one of my programs several times by several different professors. Though this may not be universally true, if they have already accepted you, they will likely try to convince you of the superiority of their school over your other competing choices. I am not sure how it can hurt you in any way to answer such a request.

Agreed, almost every professor who has interviewed me at 4 different visiting weekends has asked me what other schools I'm looking at. They want to know who their competitors are, and generally their intentions are only to help address any questions you might have about their/other programs. Assuming you applied with the same interest areas, the professors probably know your POIs at other schools who are in their field. That and the adcom chairs do sometimes talk to their counterparts at peer institutions, as one of them told me.