Is it me, or lots of neuro / psych / cog sci people here?

I noticed a lot of neuroscience, psychology, cognitive science people on these forums. Like a disproportional amount!! And then followed by engineering and bio people. So just wanted to say hi!! I'm a cognitive science person but didn't want to talk about it until I got into places and made my decision, cause it's all too awkward that we've been competing with each other. Well, I say this all and here I am with only like 7 posts total on this forum anyways. I noticed a lot of you guys mentioned interviews in your signatures that I went to too. Didn't look into who's who cause that would be just awkwwarrrddd.

So I wonder if it's better to just keep it all hush-hush or see if any of our fellow classmates are here. :-) Or maybe share interview weekend stories, etc? Maybe we could collect helpful info for future neuro, psych, etc prospectives!

I'm one of the neuroscience people!

Don't worry, I wouldn't have been at any of the in-person interviews because it would just be far too expensive for the schools to fly me over!

Just thought I'd say hi :)

Edit: and no, it's not just you. There does seem to be quite a number of us, or are we just rather vocal?

Edited by lil kiwi

I noticed a lot of neuroscience, psychology, cognitive science people on these forums. Like a disproportional amount!! And then followed by engineering and bio people. So just wanted to say hi!! I'm a cognitive science person but didn't want to talk about it until I got into places and made my decision, cause it's all too awkward that we've been competing with each other. Well, I say this all and here I am with only like 7 posts total on this forum anyways. I noticed a lot of you guys mentioned interviews in your signatures that I went to too. Didn't look into who's who cause that would be just awkwwarrrddd.

So I wonder if it's better to just keep it all hush-hush or see if any of our fellow classmates are here. :-) Or maybe share interview weekend stories, etc? Maybe we could collect helpful info for future neuro, psych, etc prospectives!

I don't think there is much competition on here. People have been generally nice even if they are applying to the same schools :)

The forum is chalk full of information for interviews and stuff (really helped me through this process).

I don't think there is much competition on here. People have been generally nice even if they are applying to the same schools :)

The forum is chalk full of information for interviews and stuff (really helped me through this process).

Maybe we're a much more vocal group when it comes to being open about our grad apps experience? Anyhow, I'm obsessed with cognitive science and the brain, so more than likely, as our interests converge and become more specific, I'm sure that many of us will be seeing each other at future conferences, and possibly collaborating across labs. I know my potential lab collaborators are all over the US and France/UK/Germany, so if anyone on here is interested in doing metacognition, educational applications, text comprehension, and educational technology work, more than likely we will be research buddies!

I plan on at least attending Psychonomics in the fall even though I am not submitting any data with my potential PI(s) just so I can begin networking. Is anyone on here in cogsci planning on attending?

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use