York U and SFU - Where R U?

viciousxp

Bad news for me - contacted a POI and got an informal rejection:

"Hi [Foreign Guy], I haven't heard the results, but thought that the process for Fall 2011 had been completed. I am (or was) looking forward to working with you, as well. I've copied [Graduate students coordinator] so that she can give us a definitive response."

Well, at least now I can go on with my life...

Good luck to you all!

:( I'm sorry to hear that.

Bad news for me - contacted a POI and got an informal rejection:

"Hi [Foreign Guy], I haven't heard the results, but thought that the process for Fall 2011 had been completed. I am (or was) looking forward to working with you, as well. I've copied [Graduate students coordinator] so that she can give us a definitive response."

Well, at least now I can go on with my life...

Good luck to you all!

Its official, YorkU and SFU political science department have apparently sent out their offers weeks ago, they apparently just dont update your status if you have not been given an offer. Nice, REALLY nice. Its not like the fees we pay are too little for them to actually update their site. Instead Ive speand 90 dollars on each uni and countless hours preparing my applications just so that they can not let me know whats going on.

OK, so apparently I'm not rejected yet . I am officially on a wait list for York.

It took two emails and the help of a POI, but that's the response I got 4 days ago (I was on a trip and just saw the email today).

Don't know how many people on the list, whether it's ranked, or when they expect to decide.

I got the name of the Program Coordinator who's responsible for the list, and the POI is the Dean. Any suggestions on what to do next, if anything at all?

Edited by Foreign Guy

I think at this point, you just need to wait. Given that Canadian schools already take a little longer, you might be at the point where you need to cross your fingers and hope for the best.

I'm really, really glad you're not rejected; I can tell how badly you want this, so good luck! At least you know that they deemed you good enough for the waitlist, and you can internally think that they might have accepted you if there weren't issues of Visas, so you can wait to see how that goes.

I'm really wishing you luck!

OK, so apparently I'm not rejected yet . I am officially on a wait list for York.

It took two emails and the help of a POI, but that's the response I got 4 days ago (I was on a trip and just saw the email today).

Don't know how many people on the list, whether it's ranked, or when they expect to decide.

I got the name of the Program Coordinator who's responsible for the list, and the POI is the Dean. Any suggestions on what to do next, if anything at all?