Public/Intl Affairs/Relations/Policy Fall 2009

Dreams

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Policy_applicant:

Did your status change today? (I can only imagine my status has not changed yet because they're trying to decide if they should add a car and a weekly supply of fresh Maine lobsters to my funding package... Ha, ha.)

My status for GWU still has not changed. I got a phone call telling me I was accepted at the end of January and the email a week or so later. Still no package in the mail......

If anyone would like to help me engage in some over-analysis....

I received an email from a member of the WWS admissions staff asking for some additional materials, like an extra copy of one of my transcripts, my grades for the last semester (i am still in school but sent in my first application before my fall semester grades came out), etc. also she asked that i fax everything directly to her rather than to the generic address for graduate application materials. does this mean anything? I learned that one of my friends who also applied and is also still in school did not receive a request for his fall grades. so can i interpret this to mean that they are seriously considering my app?

second, i already got into fletcher early notification, but i found it interesting that they handed out some acceptances this past week, before the usual March date. is there a possibility that other schools will do this? just wondering....

I have officially snipped the last cord with which I was clinging to my sanity. I saw the Duke Public Policy and Sociology PhD go up and now I'm obsessively checking my own email. To no avail. Grrr...

That was me... They sent an email directing me to log into the application web site, and there was a link there to a PDF'd letter. Apparently the letter (along with funding info) is coming soon in the mail; there were no funding details in that PDF.

Policy_applicant:

Did your status change today? (I can only imagine my status has not changed yet because they're trying to decide if they should add a car and a weekly supply of fresh Maine lobsters to my funding package... Ha, ha.)

Yeah, today. It probably means that I only got full tuition remission and stipend, but no car or lobster.

I am also waiting for the status change on the website and the official letter from GW. It's killing me. The postal service in Mississippi must be backwards. I really think somedays the postmaster just decides not to sort and deliver any new mail.

For what it's worth, I can now access the letter on the website. It's pretty anti-climactic, though (read: no mention of funding :wink: ).

Sadness. At least you warned me. I was getting my hopes up.

Looks like I'm going to go back to the castle game on Sheppard Software for the rest of the day.

Sadness. At least you warned me. I was getting my hopes up.

Looks like I'm going to go back to the castle game on Sheppard Software for the rest of the day.

I'm with you all...waiting for the GWU funding is getting old. Maybe in the mail today, but probably wishful thinking!

I am also waiting for the status change on the website and the official letter from GW. It's killing me. The postal service in Mississippi must be backwards. I really think somedays the postmaster just decides not to sort and deliver any new mail.

So dagger, anything new on the status change front for you? My status with GWU is still CCAS-3. I am assuming that my letter won't go out until my status changes to CCAS-4. I hope I am wrong.

So dagger, anything new on the status change front for you? My status with GWU is still CCAS-3. I am assuming that my letter won't go out until my status changes to CCAS-4. I hope I am wrong.

What is this GWU app tracker people are talking about? I applied to GWU - Eliot, my app is complete, but I do not have an app tracker.

What is this GWU app tracker people are talking about? I applied to GWU - Eliot, my app is complete, but I do not have an app tracker.

It's just the applyyourself online application page. If you sign it, it should say something like "Status CCAS-3 - Application Under Review." Once a decision has been reached (or a week or two after you receive the decision email) it changes to CCAS-4. Then a couple days after that there is a link at the bottom to a standard letter saying that you were actually admitted. Then sometime after that (I'm not there yet), you receive the official letter, which supposedly has funding info.

You will almost definitely receive an email from the school well before the status is updated, so I wouldn't check it twice a day or anything.

Has anyone not received a letter from University of Maryland yet?

I logged in to my application at the beginning of the month, and it said that a decision had been made, but I still haven't gotten a letter and it seems like everyone else has. It's probably a bad sign.

It's just the applyyourself online application page. If you sign it, it should say something like "Status CCAS-3 - Application Under Review." Once a decision has been reached (or a week or two after you receive the decision email) it changes to CCAS-4. Then a couple days after that there is a link at the bottom to a standard letter saying that you were actually admitted. Then sometime after that (I'm not there yet), you receive the official letter, which supposedly has funding info.

You will almost definitely receive an email from the school well before the status is updated, so I wouldn't check it twice a day or anything.

So, this is not the document tracker?

I logged in to my application at the beginning of the month, and it said that a decision had been made, but I still haven't gotten a letter and it seems like everyone else has. It's probably a bad sign.

My letter from Maryland came in the mail on February 14 (I think it was dated about Feb 10...). If I remember correctly, it came in the mail about a week or so after the website said a decision had been made.

I just got mine, it's dated February 16th. Bear in mind though, my house is all of 20 minutes away from College Park. I wouldn't worry yet if I were you - their online system says two to three weeks, and if you're far away from CP I wouldn't be surprised if it took that long. Sorry to hear you have to wait so long though...

To those who did receive acceptances from Maryland, I'm just curious: does your letter of acceptance have a paragraph about approval being needed from the International Education Services? I guess even though I'm a PR here in the US they're still considering me an international student for some reason...

The acceptance letter shows up there, and I think that's the only document that's available electronically.

The same page also lists all the required materials for your application and if they have recieved it. So it'll show all your recommenders and if they have submitted their letters, it show if you application is complete, your test scores, if they've recieved your transcripts and any other additional material you may have been required to submit. So in that respect, it tracks all the documents required for your application (The "CCAS3-Your Applicaiton is under review" is directly above this info).

The same page also lists all the required materials for your application and if they have recieved it. So it'll show all your recommenders and if they have submitted their letters, it show if you application is complete, your test scores, if they've recieved your transcripts and any other additional material you may have been required to submit. So in that respect, it tracks all the documents required for your application (The "CCAS3-Your Applicaiton is under review" is directly above this info).

I'm pretty sure cornell07 applied to the Elliott school at GWU (the IR program), whereas most of you all with your app trackers probably applied to the public policy program (Trachtenberg or something like that?). I applied to Elliott, and I see no app tracker. Rest easy, cornell.