ETS how I love thee

demondeac

Thought this little story might brighten a few days...

So I requested my GRE scores sent to 8 schools (at the tune of $160), and they sent all 8 to the correct schools, just with the scores of the WRONG person. And by wrong I mean she is a female, and I am a male, with an entirely different sounding name.

Also, her scores are barely cracking the 30th percentile across the board....ouch...I really hope they didn't put my name on them :o

So yes, ETS is still evil.

Yikes! That really sucks. It might be worth an email to the grad secretaries at each of the eight schools notifying them that these crappy GRE scores aren't actually yours so that it doesn't negatively impact any admissions decisions. Hopefully ETS won't charge you again to send out the correct scores. That would be really douchey of them.

Well, the good news is I called them, and they're looking into it. They said the investigation may take up to ten days. Ten days to look in a file where there is the score request I mailed them and see that I am not a woman named karla. The gift that keeps on giving :D .

Well, the good news is I called them, and they're looking into it. They said the investigation may take up to ten days. Ten days to look in a file where there is the score request I mailed them and see that I am not a woman named karla. The gift that keeps on giving :D .

I think wielding the monopoly over education test taking has made them incredibly lazy and intractable...

• 2 months later...

Amazing...they actually didn't charge me for sending the wrong scores, and actually stopped my pending score request when I asked them (even though they legally could have still taken my money). And now you can request scores online to avoid an employee punching in the wrong numbers and sending the wrong scores to your programs. The future's looking up ETS!

I keep having nightmares about the same scenario. I am just curious, how did yu find out they sent the wrong scores?

yes, I would like to know myself how you found out they sent the wrong scores. That is absolutely terrifying.

Incidentally, I tried requesting my scores online and I couldn't even login to do so. I kept getting an error message that I was typing in an invalid web registration confirmation number even though I copied and pasted the confirmation # directly from the email I got when I registered. I ended up having to order the scores over the phone.

I am trying to request scores online and I keep getting this error when I enter the confirmation number they emailed me "Web Registration Confirmation number must be 8 digits", the confirmation number they emailed me was a 16-digit number like this 88700000005XXXXX, does anyone know why am I getting this problem, where you guys able to order the score reports online successfully?