Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

i just saw a school congratulating 29 of their students on twitter!!

I *love* Cara Doble! She actually called me back! And she gave me the same info as Jermaine, the emails will go out tonight.

So today is officially D-day then!!??

ETA:

Twitter is evil. Dang, 29 finalists from one school?! I'm at at-large applicant and am really scared now.

Where?? I didn't see it on Twitter???

I *love* Cara Doble! She actually called me back! And she gave me the same info as Jermaine, the emails will go out tonight.

ETA:

Twitter is evil. Dang, 29 finalists from one school?! I'm at at-large applicant and am really scared now.

Did Cara say that the emails for everybody would go out, or just German ETA applicants?....

Any arts candidates to Germany hear anything yet? We're supposed to have our next round of materials submitted to the Kommission in Berlin by Thursday the 15th.....

Did you hear anything yet? I did the audition in December for Voice but didn't hear back about sending more materials so I'm assuming that's a no...???

I just logged into Twitter and then searched "Fulbright" and saw it

I've been searching the Fulbright tag (#Fulbright) and have seen many people talking about making it to the second round... I searched Fulbright and the law firm just pops up... I hope EVERY program gets announced to today not just the ETA applicants...

It's interesting to see how the amount of viewers has increased today on this forum (63 users) ^_^

What does it mean exactly to make it to the first cut? How many applications are actually chosen for review?

they recommend 1.5-2x applicants per grant, and your application is sent to the host country for review

Well I just got an e-mail back from my advisor. I made it to the final round for the German ETA! So excited ;) Funny though, I thought a weight would've been lifted. Now I'm already thinking about having wait until March!!!

Good luck to everyone!

PS-I wonder if we'll actually get the official e-mails today?

Well I just got an e-mail back from my advisor. I made it to the final round for the German ETA! So excited ;) Funny though, I thought a weight would've been lifted. Now I'm already thinking about having wait until March!!!

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats Molly!

Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations Molly!

Okay, I'm going to have to agree with msafiri and say that this board is getting a little neurotic. I applied too and I think it is really just...personality differences. Whatever happens, happens. If you don't have a back-up plan yet, you will find one. Everything happens for a reason, and yes, being proactive helps, but if we don't get it, raise money to go to the country yourself...apply directly through a university there. Sure, it'd be nice having the grant but if you really want something, go for it. You'll get it. It's the Law of Attraction.

Take a deep breath, everyone, and EAT THE COOKIE.