Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Woo! So I just found out that, in addition to being accepted for Germany, I have been accepted for Austria and they already told me the schools I would work for. If I choose to accept the Austrian award and work there instead of Germany, I have to send in my acceptance letter by April 20. In Austria, I'd be working in the middle of the alps in a small city close to Italy and Slovenia....which would be beautiful, but my heart is already here in Bavaria. Do y'all think it would be too pushy/rude to email the German Fulbright Board and ask when we will know exactly which schools we will be sent to?

Hello everyone. Recommended ETA to Russia and going by the spreadsheet, I hope to hear from them by the end of the week. Good luck!

Do you mean by the end of this week? That would be awesome, but I have my doubts. Rachel had said 'in the next two weeks', which led me to believe next week. Hoping for it to be today, though!

What time did you hear if I may ask? (USTA AUSTRIA)

I got the e-mail at 8:18 AM (lol my favorite number is 8, so that's kind of cool) and the subject line was: Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship Program-Austria.

I'm sure you'll hear back soon, so good luck!

Woo! So I just found out that, in addition to being accepted for Germany, I have been accepted for Austria and they already told me the schools I would work for. If I choose to accept the Austrian award and work there instead of Germany, I have to send in my acceptance letter by April 20. In Austria, I'd be working in the middle of the alps in a small city close to Italy and Slovenia....which would be beautiful, but my heart is already here in Bavaria. Do y'all think it would be too pushy/rude to email the German Fulbright Board and ask when we will know exactly which schools we will be sent to?

Oooh the Alps? That sounds absolutely breathtaking! I'll be working in Linz...I've never been there before, so this should be interesting :D

And lucky you, Germany AND Austria!

I honestly can't say I even have a clue with them. Because they are assigining schools as we speak, emails might be more difficult to draft out and I know their crew is pretty small (I think only one American). Who knows, best to wait and hope for the best.

Edited by TheodPliske8711

I imagine this must happen to a lot of people who are accepted by Germany ETA and have applied for the USTA. The Fulbright Germany program gets a lot more applicants and is more competitive, so if you were picked by it it would not be hard to see the Austria program wanting you as well. As for your position, I doubt they have even placed you yet.

Congrats though, it was my dream to be accepted to both.

Edited by TheodPliske8711

I just found out that I was awarded the USTA Austria! I got my email at 4:33am PST, and I've been placed in a small city very close to the Italian border, Villach. I'm so excited!

Congratulations to everyone who just heard back, and hear's hoping the rest of you will hear from Austria soon.

Do you mean by the end of this week? That would be awesome, but I have my doubts. Rachel had said 'in the next two weeks', which led me to believe next week. Hoping for it to be today, though!

Today is Good Friday-- aren't offices closed? Besides, I e-mailed by campus advisor (they hear when announcements will be made before we do) and he said he hadn't received any word. Enjoy the Easter holiday and I'm crossing my fingers for next week! :) удачи НАМ!

Today is Good Friday-- aren't offices closed? Besides, I e-mailed by campus advisor (they hear when announcements will be made before we do) and he said he hadn't received any word. Enjoy the Easter holiday and I'm crossing my fingers for next week! :) удачи НАМ!

Yeah, that's what I would imagine. So many holidays this weekend! That's so weird though, our campus advisor insists that he doesn't hear anything before us. Oh, well!

Anyone else applying for the Whitaker Fellowship, can you also update if you have heard results from that as well!

Someone at my school who applied for a Whitaker in the UK was notified yesterday (4/5) at 2:00pm. I've yet to receive an email though :( I hope it's on a country by country basis similar to Fulbright, otherwise I'm bracing myself for bad news. :(

Someone at my school who applied for a Whitaker in the UK was notified yesterday (4/5) at 2:00pm. I've yet to receive an email though :( I hope it's on a country by country basis similar to Fulbright, otherwise I'm bracing myself for bad news. :(

Wow, I havent heard yet either. What country did you apply to?