CSU Fresno for IR

Anteaters

I applied to UCSB, UCSD, and CSU Fresno for IR. I only got into CSU Fresno due to my relatively poor academic record (2.8 GPA). My question is whether it's worth it to get an MA in IR at a school like CSU Fresno since prestige matters in this field. Also, what would my job prospects be like if I graduated with an MA in IR from CSU Fresno? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to UCSB, UCSD, and CSU Fresno for IR. I only got into CSU Fresno due to my relatively poor academic record (2.8 GPA). My question is whether it's worth it to get an MA in IR at a school like CSU Fresno since prestige matters in this field. Also, what would my job prospects be like if I graduated with an MA in IR from CSU Fresno? Thanks in advance.

I don't know how to answer your question, but, perhaps a trip to the university will clarify all your questions. You can stay for a couple of days and also check out the area (get an idea on where you can stay, go out, party on weekends and stuff like that - my brother did that and it was cool 'cause he knew the area before he started and he made a lot of friends that way). You can find a nice hotel deal on http://csufresno.universityhotelnetwork.com/ (they often have discounts, from what i've seen and from what people say about them). Anyway, hope I helped and good luck!

• 9 months later...