NSF GRFP

timuralp

Night all - I am not waiting up for what might be just another maintenance night - or at least not any later than I already am up, east coast time.

I'm only up because I got commissioned to fix my grandparents computer, and I'm still finishing up some virus scanning.

Night all - I am not waiting up for what might be just another maintenance night - or at least not any later than I already am up, east coast time.

Looks like it was just maintenance. This morning I'm getting the Fastlane beta site with the same 950 awardees. Maybe tomorrow...

"Welcome to the FastLane Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP).

Due to the complexity of the current budget situation, the 2009 GRFP awards will be announced in installments based on fields of study and other factors. The first installment is now available on FastLane. Awardees, as well as Applicants not recommended for funding, have been notified by email. Recipients of Honorable Mention and any additional Fellowship award offers will be forthcoming. Applicant ratings sheets will be available after all award announcements have been made. We thank you for your patience. "

and we're back!

"Welcome to the FastLane Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP).

:::snip:::

and we're back!

Rather disheartening, isn't it. Our one week was announced last what, Tuesday? It's up soon. Maybe all the June 1st guessers were correct. Itis, however, still resolving to the beta page, for whatever that's worth.

We have only a couple more pages to go until we reach the magic 200. Anyone have a topic we can bat around?

Or about negative binomial regression on SPSS...

Oh, you folks go right ahead with that one. Me, I'm in social sciences - stats, not so much. I am just now learning the ways in which SPSS can make my life easier analyzing whatever paltry stats my future dissertation work elicits.

Hey how about a lesson in stats for dummies? :wink:

yeah, I just talked to someone who said that it won't be until Monday, possibly Tuesday. Something set them back again. So to save a few people some time, I just wanted to share; the information I got said that it 100% for sure won't be today, it may be tomorrow but will most likely be tuesday.

sucks, I know. But additionally- and not to crush everyone's hopes, (although mine have pretty much disappeared) I heard that there are not going to be very many awards, and there also is not an even distribution among disciplines. It also is not related to how many awards are given already in comparasion to how many awards were given in past years- it's just to do with the origin of the money. I have no idea which disciplines are going to be favored, but it definitely sounded like there is going to be a heavily uneven distribution.

blah.

yeah, I just talked to someone who said that it won't be until Monday, possibly Tuesday. Something set them back again. So to save a few people some time, I just wanted to share; the information I got said that it 100% for sure won't be today, it may be tomorrow but will most likely be tuesday.

sucks, I know. But additionally- and not to crush everyone's hopes, (although mine have pretty much disappeared) I heard that there are not going to be very many awards, and there also is not an even distribution among disciplines. It also is not related to how many awards are given already in comparasion to how many awards were given in past years- it's just to do with the origin of the money. I have no idea which disciplines are going to be favored, but it definitely sounded like there is going to be a heavily uneven distribution.

blah.

Hey! You! The only thing allowed to destroy our hopes is the final list itself! Begone from here with that hogwash!

I'm in the social sciences, too. I'm all about stats!

Not for cultural anthropologists, it isn't. This is one of the reasons biological anthro people and cultural anthro people are so confused by being in the same department.

Hey! You! The only thing allowed to destroy our hopes is the final list itself! Begone from here with that hogwash!

You're right. I'm sorry, I am just down because my time to be saved by the NSF will end on Monday and after that, I don't think all the money at the NSF would really help me.... well that's an exaggeration... but still. I was also told that the area that I'm in will definitely not be one of the fields that will be getting a lot of extra fellowships... if any.

I'm sorry to be negative. Good luck to everyone!