NSF GRFP

timuralp

yeah, I just tried it and it didn't work for me.... Now that it's almost time to find out, I don't even know if I want to know any more!!

:cry:

I know, instead of immediately rushing to change my password when I saw people's comments earlier on, I hesitated. For a moment, I wasn't sure if I wanted to find out early (also not being sure between HM and the award if there were 3 reviews)

Well, I guess more waiting commences.

Does someone want to call and ask them what the ETA is on the release? I called them yesterday. It seems like things are starting to come out, so they might have received the list from NSF.

They probably figured out people were snooping around. I can't log on anymore, but I had only 2 review sheets and it said I was in the 70th percentile or less and was unsuccessful.

I'm sorry math123 :( It must be quite a blow. I'm mentally preparing myself for that feeling.

Did you guys really see your percentile? They had that covered on the sheets last year. Maybe they had to take them down, because they were not supposed to be there.

Boy I would really love to know if I had two or three sheets!

Did you guys really see your percentile? They had that covered on the sheets last year. Maybe they had to take them down, because they were not supposed to be there.

Boy I would really love to know if I had two or three sheets!

It wasn't on the rating sheets, it was on the main page. I hesitated and by the time I clicked to read my ratings, they shut it down. Last year I had really good reviews and I was like wtf, why didn't I get it then. I imagine they said the same ole shit again this year. Hopefully everything will go back online soon. I really do want to read them.

@ math,

are you going off of the number of reviews (i.e. 2 instead of 3) or was there something you saw on the left pane?

No, it said I was in the 70th percentile or lower right smack in the middle of the page. There were hyperlinks to the reviews on the left hand side.

sorry to ask a stupid question, but had I logged in when they were up (as a first time applicant), would the ratings sheets been on the fastlane "home page" for my application?

I did this: http://www.nsfgrfp.org/

Then I scrolled down to "Site Highlights" and clicked on "View Applicant Rating Sheets"

i too dont think there was anything on the main page when i logged in, but like you i think the reviews might have just been i gigantic attentional pull :?

just a thought that occurred to me.

there was an incident in may 2005, where MBA students "hacked" (not sure how they defined "hack" so could be something as simple as the html editor done last year or more involved and illegal). one person posted instructions on how to do this exactly in a forum. all the business schools (harvard, stanford, duke, dartmouth) rejected those that accessed their files.

now....i suppose this was done last year too and the hack really isn't a "hack" if the data are already on the web......but i suppose one could make an argument on ethical grounds (which was the main thrust of the 2005 controversy).

this is the most reputable source i could come up with. not sure where everyone else's pieces went.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/119938/h ... _site.html

again, it's just a thought that occurred to me.......

should i delete this post? lol

just a thought that occurred to me.

there was an incident in may 2005, where MBA students "hacked" (not sure how they defined "hack" so could be something as simple as the html editor done last year or more involved and illegal). one person posted instructions on how to do this exactly in a forum. all the business schools (harvard, stanford, duke, dartmouth) rejected those that accessed their files.

now....i suppose this was done last year too and the hack really isn't a "hack" if the data are already on the web......but i suppose one could make an argument on ethical grounds (which was the main thrust of the 2005 controversy).

this is the most reputable source i could come up with. not sure where everyone else's pieces went.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/119938/h ... _site.html

again, it's just a thought that occurred to me.......

should i delete this post? lol

I wouldn't worry. While last year's trick was far from a 'hack', what was done this year was entirely legit. Sure, you lied about 'forgetting your password', but nothing mischeiveous. You're fine.

I figured chickenandwaffles meant should he/she delete that post so we all attempt to hack and then get disqualified leaving the awards all for him/her. :twisted: