NSF GRFP

timuralp

There it is! Definitive Proof of the intended time of announcement! We all know that Fastlane has not gone down ONCE in the past few weeks, so obviously this downtime must mean they are posting results. Whew! It feels good to know that.

Um, maybe you guys forgot, but this didn't mean ANYTHING the last two times.

There it is! Definitive Proof of the intended time of announcement! We all know that Fastlane has not gone down ONCE in the past few weeks, so obviously this downtime must mean they are posting results. Whew! It feels good to know that.

Not true. It went down Sunday night intermittently

just talked to the call center (i know it's useless). i said

Me: i heard several rumors that results would be released today. is there any possibility of that happening?

Call center: *long pause* we are hoping that results will be released by the end of the week. it is possible that they will be released today but i can't tell you anything further. sorry.

Me: thank you

"FastLane will be unavailable Thursday, April 9 from 11:00PM ET until 1:00AM ET on Friday, April 10 for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience."

my guess is we'll know tonight.

My fastlane page doesn't say this... How long has is looked like this for you?

On almost every page, there's about 4-5 people quoting and not getting sarcasm. That's the real fun.

Sadly, I am not so sure the latest posts were sarcastic. some folk are amazingly optimistic.

Not true. It went down Sunday night intermittently

Seriously, guys. I know that sarcasm doesn't always come through in text so well, but its the 90's man! You gotta start looking out for this stuff!

It goes down every night at around 4am (somebody had a Python script monitoring the page for changes who verified this). It also went down Sunday for scheduled maintenence which wound up doing nothing for us. If you read the posts over the past few days, there are LOADS of time people have posted "ZOMG! Fastlane is down! Results are going up?!"

Forgive my dickly response, but its all getting a bit old.

If anyone else feels the need to call, please do not ask leading questions. A lot of people have been asking things like I have heard x and is this true. We learn more from just calling and asking when they will be released. If you feel then need then ask if there is a chance for it today. Asking a leading question immediately will change the response you are given and probably decrease the accuracy of response.

just talked to the call center (i know it's useless). i said

Me: i heard several rumors that results would be released today. is there any possibility of that happening?

Call center: *long pause* we are hoping that results will be released by the end of the week. it is possible that they will be released today but i can't tell you anything further. sorry.

Me: thank you

wow, i can't believe you would talk to them like this. you sound like a smarmy, self-entitled prick.

It goes down every night at around 4am (somebody had a Python script monitoring the page for changes who verified this). It also went down Sunday for scheduled maintenence which wound up doing nothing for us. If you read the posts over the past few days, there are LOADS of time people have posted "ZOMG! Fastlane is down! Results are going up?!"

Forgive my dickly response, but its all getting a bit old.

I also do not remember it going down last year immediately before everything was loaded. I do not think that it works that way.

Wow, I can't believe you would criticize someone's phone ettiqutte like that. You type like a smarmy, self-entitled prick.

Didn't this exchange just happen like a couple of days ago, with different people?

Wow, I can't believe that you don't have perfect recall of this entire 1300+ post thread. You remember things like a smarmy, self-entitled prick.

Look, we're all posting on a 1300+ comment FORUM, on the INTERNET. We're ALL smarmy, self-entitled pricks.