NSF GRFP

timuralp

Would someone explain the logic again that results won't be posted after noon? I think it would be perfectly reasonable for them to post them at 5:00, and then run out of the office so they don't have to answer our stupid questions. I'm sure the website has 24hour tech support, so why wouldn't they post results whenever they felt like it?

Would someone explain the logic again that results won't be posted after noon? I think it would be perfectly reasonable for them to post them at 5:00, and then run out of the office so they don't have to answer our stupid questions. I'm sure the website has 24hour tech support, so why wouldn't they post results whenever they felt like it?

yes i agree that this might be possible. i've also heard that they like to post on fridays for that reason.

i don't think they'd post after 5 pm, though.

This is so awesome! and the best part is that I'm a mathematician! I need no funding since my department funds me! I just applied to get it on my CV!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This is so awesome! and the best part is that I'm a mathematician! I need no funding since my department funds me! I just applied to get it on my CV!

i'm sure they give you all the pencil and paper you need.

T_ruth can you block the accounts of this person and any other posters that deliberately posts false award notifications?

That's not very nice now is it? I hope that attitude didn't come across in your application!

since the other one is locked for some ridiculous reason lets do this one...

post on NSF GRFP.

too bad the other one wont get too 100 pages...

can we find out why the other one was locked? because one person posted fake results? thats a little extreme...

Because the thread was entirely useless. If you want to talk about NSF Grad fellowships then use this thread. If you want to chat use the lobby. If this thread gets derailed too, I'll lock it! :evil: This is not a freedom of speech issue, it's a keep the forum tidy issue.

More importantly, I called the number talked about in that thread. There is no one that picks up but just a recording message asking applicants to leave a message. How were people able to get through?

This is new - someone would always pick up before. Also, the recording, which used to come on after hours, used to say "in early April". Now it says "as soon as possible in April"...

This is new - someone would always pick up before. Also, the recording, which used to come on after hours, used to say "in early April". Now it says "as soon as possible in April"...

maybe they are on lunch break?