Chaning advisers

I'll be frank... I've had a ridiculous up and down relationship with my adviser, and honestly, I've had enough. I'm trying to get my MS, and I'm having the toughest time with my adviser. One week, she is lauding me for how hard I work and how much progress I have been making, whereas the next week, she's calling me a failure and a waste of money. Then the next week, she acts extremely disrespectful with me, to the point where I am both afraid to approach her, and I seriously don't trust her. Overall, she is just a mean person who for some reason has a chip on her shoulder. She's never graduated a student, and it's to the point where the department chair has gotten involved. Today, our adviser just dumped a huge project she's been sitting on for a few weeks on me, RIGHT BEFORE FINALS! In short, this lady is all over the place, crazy, rude, unprofessional, and I seriously can't work with her anymore! She is also pressuring me like crazy to get a PhD, which I don't want (no offense, but the Carriera letter and the general lack of jobs/funding in academia is so sickening, that once I get this MS, I'm outta here!). I'm just done with this lady. At this point, it's almost either getting a new adviser, or dropping out.

What should I do?