Statement of Purpose Format

Check the schools you're applying to. Some have word count limits. Some say 2 pages. The standard length in my field is 1000 words with a few schools being 500 words. This is about 2 pages single spaced (1000 words) or 4 pages double spaced. If it is a word length requirement, I used double space 12 point font Times New Roman 1 inch margins. If page length, I used single space 12 point font Times New Roman 1 inch margins.

Thanks for your quick response! :) also, did you put a title or "statement of purpose" on yours? or did you leave it blank?

Check the schools you're applying to. Some have word count limits. Some say 2 pages. The standard length in my field is 1000 words with a few schools being 500 words. This is about 2 pages single spaced (1000 words) or 4 pages double spaced. If it is a word length requirement, I used double space 12 point font Times New Roman 1 inch margins. If page length, I used single space 12 point font Times New Roman 1 inch margins.

Thanks for your quick response! :) also, did you put a title or "statement of purpose" on yours? or did you leave it blank?

I think it's up to you. But I put "statement of purpose" on mine and also the name of a school. And my name too! :)

As far as I know, double space 12 point font Times New Roman is a standard and most schools expent around two pages of such text. But read their websites carefully because requirements differ.