Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

"Anyone have any new hobbies/stress relief tactics to suggest?"

By far, my favorate way to avoid this is to play "Hugs from daddy!" with my one year old daughter :)

This definitely helps me not stress about the imminence of decisions, or the stress the fact that I am apparently the only one on this forum who has not received any invites to the "Here is an extremely encouraging e-mail from So-an-so U." party :(

Edited by ADMITedlyLucky

This definitely helps me not stress about the imminence of decisions, or the stress the fact that I am apparently the only one on this forum who has not received any invites to the "Here is an extremely encouraging e-mail from So-an-so U." party :(

I'm right there with you, buddy! Haven't heard anything, except "FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!"

Hahaha yeahhh I remember that little debate. Good times. If only I lived somewhere that wasn't 1) landlocked and 2) bitterly cold all the time.

You'd be surprised how many hot springs exist that you can dive in, all across the country. I am taking my class to one Thursday in fact. Water is about 95 degrees, which is nice this time of year, sort of like diving in the bath tub.

Well, one of my recommenders ran into some of her colleagues at one of the schools I'm applying to (school X) and they were talking about my application. Apparently one of them asked if school X was my top choice (which it absolutely is), and my recommender reassured them that is was. Ugh. Super vague, right?

You'd be surprised how many hot springs exist that you can dive in, all across the country. I am taking my class to one Thursday in fact. Water is about 95 degrees, which is nice this time of year, sort of like diving in the bath tub.

That sounds like exactly what I need right now. I took a couple of beginning lessons in Sharm el Sheikh a few years back and it was awesome.

I'm starting to think that maybe Notre Dame notified its interviewees and none of them are aware of this place. If not that, they aren't doing interviews this year. If not either, I'm going crazy, because I wish something/anything would happen to take my mind of the small chance that I'll even get an interview.

I've been stalking for a while...anyone hear from UWisconsin or have any idea if they've sent things out yet?

And wow! congrats to all the admits!

LMS, do you know about the mywisc.edu status page- this gives a purportedly up to date status for your app. Mine says "pending" (like it has, every time I've checked 3x a day for the past 2 weeks...)- still in the game...

LMS, do you know about the mywisc.edu status page- this gives a purportedly up to date status for your app. Mine says "pending" (like it has, every time I've checked 3x a day for the past 2 weeks...)- still in the game...

Haha omg, you have no idea how much i can relate! yes, i know about the page and mine still says "pending" as well. i applied there and know they're funding isn't very good, but they have a nice department and it's close to my family. i applied for latin american history -- what subfield are you in?

http://www.petersons...te-schools.aspx

That site has pretty good data but I don't know where they get it or what year it's from. At this stage of the game it might just be masochism to go through all those numbers.

EXCELLENT!

Thank you for this.

You're right, it likely is a bit masochistic.

This terrified me a couple of times and made me really happy a couple of times.

Wow,

anyone encountered this when trying to re-load this thread

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#2001] Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment

Just got it twice in a row!

Ha! Reminds me of not being able to find parking at the mall a month or so ago...except this time its not nearly as aggravating

Hey friends,

Congrats to all the acceptances!!! I'm sure that feels good.

I just wanted to share that I found out a little while ago that I've been accepted to Texas A&M. It would be a very good situation. My advisor is a great guy and scholar, and he has a lot of interesting contacts. It definitely reduces the stress waiting to hear back from the remaining schools I applied to.

I would have posted earlier, but I didn't want people freaking out because it was so early in the game.

Here's hoping for more news soon, but I'm not expecting anything for 2 1/2 weeks. Also, this week I have the chance of meeting someone at one of the schools I applied to. I'll post if I find out anything interesting; I know it is a school others here are interested in.

Okay, back to work.