Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

Well my cycle is officially done, rejected from Denver. Therefore, I will be around a lot less than I am usual, I wish you all the best of luck as you visit and decide on schools.

What about UW Seattle?! Hold out hope!

Well my cycle is officially done, rejected from Denver. Therefore, I will be around a lot less than I am usual, I wish you all the best of luck as you visit and decide on schools.

Really sorry to hear this grantman. Your attitude has been stellar and I hope for better things to come!

Anyone have any information on UVA?

Yes-I contacted the DGS a few days ago. He said that their offers were out, and there's a waitlist of people that they will begin to contact after some offers fall through. I'm not sure, though, if those on the waitlist have been contacted.

Definitely sorry to hear that, but I hope you'll take what many people here have said about being more successful on their second try to heart.

Excited about Grad Cafe Results that U of T's made its decision and will be mailing out results friday... unless it's a troll...

Not a troll! It wasn't me who posted, but I also got an email from the grad secretary saying that I was on the list for acceptance, and he just needed to go over the files before sending offers (this was in response to an inquiry because I have an upcoming deadline for another program).

Thanks for the support, but Washington just back to me, and as expected it was a rejection.

I was just rejected from UW Seattle as well. And Notre Dame. So unless I get good news from Georgetown or UConn, it looks like I will either be at Washington State or Oregon.

Thanks for the support, but Washington just back to me, and as expected it was a rejection.

I was just rejected, too. Even if Georgetown and GWU get back to me with good news, neither will be funded. Looks like I have to go through this all again next year.

Yeah. I just got an email from the head of the admissions committee saying Washington had 283 applicants for 12 spots, and budget cuts limited the number of spots they had this year. In case anyone was wondering.

I was just rejected, too. Even if Georgetown and GWU get back to me with good news, neither will be funded. Looks like I have to go through this all again next year.

I am sincerely sorry to hear about your bad cycle. I truly hope that the Fulbright comes through, Turkey is an awesome country. I only wish I was smart enough to consider doing a Fulbright, but I guess not.

I am sincerely sorry to hear about your bad cycle. I truly hope that the Fulbright comes through, Turkey is an awesome country. I only wish I was smart enough to consider doing a Fulbright, but I guess not.

Thanks. I'm sorry to hear about yours, too. I do hope the Fulbright comes through, though I do have some potential Master's programs... so long as they get back to me with good news. Ehh. They'd have to be fully funded.

But don't be too down on yourself. I know I'm pretty upset, and it doesn't help having my s.o. moving onto bigger and better things next year without me. But I hope you're planning on trying again next year. Do you have a game plan in the meantime?

Thanks. I'm sorry to hear about yours, too. I do hope the Fulbright comes through, though I do have some potential Master's programs... so long as they get back to me with good news. Ehh. They'd have to be fully funded.

But don't be too down on yourself. I know I'm pretty upset, and it doesn't help having my s.o. moving onto bigger and better things next year without me. But I hope you're planning on trying again next year. Do you have a game plan in the meantime?

Finding a job, I mainly looking at think tank jobs as well as occupations in international development. I am also looking at jobs within the federal government.

In terms of applying next season, I am not sure if I will, especially if I land a decent job with hopes for advancement.

Finding a job, I mainly looking at think tank jobs as well as occupations in international development. I am also looking at jobs within the federal government.

In terms of applying next season, I am not sure if I will, especially if I land a decent job with hopes for advancement.

grantman, i'd like to wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose to do, work or reapplying. you have been relentlessly positive during a period of time that has made a lot of people crack and just might be the nicest guy on this forum. i am rooting for you to find success on whatever path you choose.

Edited by Max Power

Well good luck! I hope you find a great opportunity and wish you much happiness and success.

Thanks for sticking around and being supportive.

------

Anyone else reapplying next cycle?

grantman, i'd like to wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose to do, work or reapplying. you have been relentlessly positive during a period of time that has made a lot of people crack and just might be the nicest guy on this forum. i am rooting for you to find success on whatever path you choose.

Well good luck! I hope you find a great opportunity and wish you much happiness and success.

Thanks for sticking around and being supportive.

------

Anyone else reapplying next cycle?

Thank you both for your kind words they really mean a lot to me.

@Max Power: While I appreciate you calling me the nicest person in the forum, but I am sure there are others who might be more worthy of the title. Also, for some reason I thought you got your new name from the Simpsons, but I find it humorous you got it from a hair dryer.

Yes-I contacted the DGS a few days ago. He said that their offers were out, and there's a waitlist of people that they will begin to contact after some offers fall through. I'm not sure, though, if those on the waitlist have been contacted.

Fuck... Not what I wanted to hear :(

This is my first post on here, but I've been following everything for the last month. The only school I'm still waiting to hear back from is UW-Seattle (and Harvard but I already know that fate), and I was just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is up there. I know they sent out rejections last night, but I did not receive one. I have not received any information about being on a "wait-list" either. Did anyone else not get a rejection last night?

Congrats on GWU. It's great to know that there's still hope for acceptances from some places.

Does anyone know what's going on with Georgetown? I haven't heard back yet.

Edited by Apill

Saw someone posted that they got a rejection from GWU on the website. I tried to log into my account, but it says there are technical errors. Hrmph. =(

Saw someone posted that they got a rejection from GWU on the website. I tried to log into my account, but it says there are technical errors. Hrmph. =(

Same here actually. I also called the dept. and they said all results will be out this week.

Same here actually. I also called the dept. and they said all results will be out this week.

Good to know, though I'm sure it'll be a rejection, or at best an unfunded offer.