PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

Two for two! Wisconsin comes in with five years of full funding. I'm totally excited -- there are a lot of faculty there that I want to work with. :)

'Great job on the applications there mate! It must feel good (it did for me) to know that there are no obvious red flags in your application. Now on to the bigger names. I wish you the best for the rest!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess that those of us that didn't get letters probably will either be quick rejects or the dreaded "maybe" pile...woo hoo!

that makes me feel so much better :( ... but coachrjc, i doubt that you will be rejected given your track record so far ... so that does make me feel a little better :)

that makes me feel so much better :( ... but coachrjc, i doubt that you will be rejected given your track record so far ... so that does make me feel a little better :)

Ha, I dunno about that, but thanks for the ego boost - we all need one about now. I would think that we'll know if we're quick rejects by early next week, though...that timing would make the most sense given the pattern.

Also remember that mail is very hectic and strange. Give it until Monday before losing hope (or at least until online status messages start to update).

If it makes you guys feel better, I will continue to look at the status page so that any of you looking for signs will be updated.

For all those waiting on WI, I wouldn't count yourself out of the first round acceptances yet (I'm not). Given that they use snail mail, I figure there is a couple day window of receiving first round notices.

Best of luck,

Agreed. The letters were only printed Monday. If I don't get one tomorrow, I'll be worried. My sense is that the people who got acceptances today are in the midwest.

Agreed. The letters were only printed Monday. If I don't get one tomorrow, I'll be worried. My sense is that the people who got acceptances today are in the midwest.

Well, I live in the Midwest, and I didn't receive a letter from Wisconsin today ... I guess I should be worried....

Dude, I didn't apply to WI, but please on g-d's green earth never trust your emotional health to the post service, FEDEX, ups or anything having to do with a mail box. If it doesn't come tomorrow, it means nothing.

Dude, I didn't apply to WI, but please on g-d's green earth never trust your emotional health to the post service, FEDEX, ups or anything having to do with a mail box. If it doesn't come tomorrow, it means nothing.

I trust USPS. Are you implying that the federal bureaucracy is inefficient?

Dear admission committees,

Please open R, run the following code, and act accordingly.

Thank you.

############################################################

days <- seq(1, 40, 1)

se.fn <- function(x){

1/x

}

plot(days, se.fn(days), main="My Self-Esteem as a Function of How Long I Go with No Acceptances", ylab="Self Esteem", xlab="Time (Days)", type="l")

abline(h=0.1, col="red", lty=2)

text(20, 0.12, col="red", "Danger Zone")

############################################################

Is anyone else applying to UGA? The "Grad School Admissions Database" notes that my page was last updated today, but with no decision posted or any other changes.

I'm not PoliSci, but I have an acceptance letter from UGA and their website still hasn't updated w/a decision.

Is anyone else applying to UGA? The "Grad School Admissions Database" notes that my page was last updated today, but with no decision posted or any other changes.

I applied to UGA as well. My file has been "incomplete" for the last month or so. According to them, they still haven't received my transcripts, not from me, but from the graduate office. Also got that e-mail from Notre Dame saying the department still haven't received my LORs. Well they were all apparently sent in November and early December and the application status page shows that they have "officially" received them. Talk about organizational efficiency! I guess it is important to continuously check with the departments for updates.

My Notre Dame applyyourself page says 'application submitted'. Did somebody say they've started to update the pages?

On the other hand, DHL took 13 friggin' days to deliver my transcripts to Texas A&M. 13 DAYS! I had already missed their deadline as I got my transcripts in the first week of January and the grad school told me to send them by first week. I have completely lost hope on TAMU for this snafu. And the worst thing is, they still haven't updated my application page. It says they haven't received my transcripts yet.

Maybe I should call them?

Of course, I could always say 'who wants to live in College Station?' :mrgreen:

My application status says "completed" on for Notre Dame. What does THAT mean?? Unfortunately it also says that they did not receive my GRE scores, so I hope that "completed" doesn't mean "soon to be rejected".

My application changed to "completed" when the last part of my file was marked as received. It doesn't mean anything. Breathe.