PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't heard from MIT either, but since i'm at overseas, the (rejection) letter probably is on the way here...

losing much hope this year... only left with GW and USC(is it out yet?). with a scholarship and three-year experience of lecturing, i (mistakently) thought that i have strong credentials... well, c'est la vie!

btw, would it be wise to take a master's course or reapply for phd next year? generally what do people do??

USC is.....(if you are talking SoCal rather tan SoCar), but I would email the department.

NYU just declined me, offering me admisisons in their unfunded masters program.

I will give that a ton of consideration... :roll:

Same thing for me and NYU and am not sure what I should do? I mean there are difinate advantages for NYU but do you guys think a fully funded Howard PhD would be better?

Same thing for me and NYU and am not sure what I should do? I mean there are difinate advantages for NYU but do you guys think a fully funded Howard PhD would be better?

Just got the same email from NYU asking me to apply for the master's program. Does everyone rejected received the same email? Or just those received rejections today... I'm not sure about master's program since I am already in one in econ :|

In at Georgetown... Just got an email at 1:12 EST today. Invited to preview day 4/3.

congratulations !!

On my side, got an invitation to the open house at Northeastern's MA program. I guess that means acceptance. Waiting for funding information.

Just got the same email from NYU asking me to apply for the master's program. Does everyone rejected received the same email? Or just those received rejections today... I'm not sure about master's program since I am already in one in econ :|

I was rejected and was not asked to apply for the MA program, but I already have an MA in Political Science.

My wife said there's a Columbia letter waiting at home. What do you all think it is? Rejection or waitlist? Crap, another day of productivity lost.

Dude, have her open it! :)

About Georgetown:

The email I got was a generic form letter acceptance with some Word attachments about Preview Day. There was no mention of funding, so I'm assuming none is being offered. I seem to recall a bunch of G'town acceptances a few weeks ago, which I assume was their fellowship people.

My funding situation is basically this: UF said I'm on a waitlist, and G'town is apparently saying, "We'll be glad to take your money."

Have others received the email today? I guess traffic has slowed around these parts as the Ivy Leaguers and other fully funded folks have already received their good news.

I'm still waiting on GW, American, and BU - but I'm assuming BU is a rejection because I didn't get an acceptance like some did on Monday.

This has been a good week for me so far. Aside from the MIT rejection (which I'm sure is arriving in the mail soon...), I'm in at what I consider to be some pretty decent places.

I also submitted a late application to Northeastern today. Their program is new and may not be as selective, but if there's funding available and no one else comes through with the big bucks, I may have to consider it. Plus, I love Boston. Oh, BU, please don't reject me!

My wife said there's a Columbia letter waiting at home. What do you all think it is? Rejection or waitlist? Crap, another day of productivity lost.

Scratch that...it was an ad from Political Science Quarterly in NYC. I'm not talking to her for the rest of the day. :evil: