PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, and congrats to all. Oh yeah! First Ph.D. acceptance with (probable) funding in two years of applications - I'm happy :)

Congrats buddy :D Really glad you've hit one :) Glad to see someone's perseverance paying off! It goes hope to the rest of us lol

For those of you accepted to OSU, specifically the person who said they are getting funding regardless ... can I assume we all got a letter saying, "While I cannot provide financial details until the results of the Fellowship competition are known, be assured that

with this offer of admission we are committed to providing you a very competitive five year package of tuition and

stipend support."

I am just curious if anyone heard anything different, or if this is the standard.

Thanks, and congrats to all. Oh yeah! First Ph.D. acceptance with (probable) funding in two years of applications - I'm happy :)

That's word-for-word what mine said. It seems to be the form letter that went out to all the admits.

For those of you accepted to OSU, specifically the person who said they are getting funding regardless ... can I assume we all got a letter saying, "While I cannot provide financial details until the results of the Fellowship competition are known, be assured that

with this offer of admission we are committed to providing you a very competitive five year package of tuition and

stipend support."

I am just curious if anyone heard anything different, or if this is the standard.

That's what mine said - sounds like it's the standard. Congratulations!

"While I cannot provide financial details until the results of the Fellowship competition are known, be assured that

stipend support."

Yep yep yep. Same for all. OSU has increased funding this year for their polisci program, so I think it'll be good news to those that accept and head off to the jewel of the Midwest, Columbus, Ohio. (And enjoy the overcast cloudy skies 60% of the days!)

Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached give-up time for responses. My bet for tomorrow: UNC -- their acceptances last year were on a Friday, and my friend wore light blue today. Omens, I tell you!

And now...time to not fall asleep during Straussian time.

EDIT: For those of you waiting on OSU, my online status changed to "decision" and I have an added "accept/decline" link. FWIW.

Woah...as of today, UGA changed my status to, "We have notified the Graduate School of our decision on your application. You will receive official notification of their decision in the near future."

Geez how come mine's been incomplete for the last month. I send them e-mails and they won't reply back. This is insane!

Geez how come mine's been incomplete for the last month. I send them e-mails and they won't reply back. This is insane!

Mine was incomplete until, I dunno, an hour or two ago? Of course, now I'm driving myself nuts wondering as to the nature of the decision...

Mine was incomplete until, I dunno, an hour or two ago? Of course, now I'm driving myself nuts wondering as to the nature of the decision...

Hey, I didn't apply to UGA, but to me that sounds like an acceptence. If the program rejected you, they wouldn't be sending your application to the Graduate school.

Tell me about it.. i'm not sure what to look out for.. every time my phone rings i answer it with anticipation, check my email every 10min.. ugh its madness. what schools are you waiting for?

I applied to 13 schools all in the top 25 or so with a high concentration of top 10 schools. I'm looking forward to hearing from Cornell, Yale, and Northwestern most, but I'd of course love to get into a Stanford or Princeton...but that seems unlikely.