PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

From the other posts about UCSD, I guess that means a ding for me! Ouch, not a great way to start the season, as it was among my target schools . . . Was there any word on how many applied/were accepted? For the admits, care to share fields and backgrounds? Big congrats to you all (OK, so I am a bit envious)!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for UVA to get on with it and officially tell me something. Anyone have any estimate of how long it could be until they send out the second "wave" of answers?

I have no estimate for you, but I would be very surprised if you're not admitted ... you have strong credentials. Good luck!!

IRHopeful -- have you heard from any other schools yet besides Virginia?

Other than being rejected by Yale last week, nothing yet. Cornell and Duke are probably next for me. If Cornell is done notifying admits/waitlists, then I guess I'm out. It doesn't seem like they started notifying until late in the day though, so maybe they're still in the process. I'm anxious to hear from UVA about funding, that's for sure...

Other than being rejected by Yale last week, nothing yet. Cornell and Duke are probably next for me. If Cornell is done notifying admits/waitlists, then I guess I'm out. It doesn't seem like they started notifying until late in the day though, so maybe they're still in the process. I'm anxious to hear from UVA about funding, that's for sure...

Yeah, the funding issue is interesting at UVA ... I know that UVA is not as generous as other similar schools. We shall see...

...at one of my schools. He looked at my application and thinks " it would be useful for us to chat a bit about what we offer." Sounds more like a phone interview than an acceptance or rejection. I'm guessing he wants to help discern whether the institution's resources are well matched to my area of interest??

Still, it was good to hear something from somebody.

I get the feeling that none of my places will be notifying for a few more weeks, whereas most of you have some, if not most, of your decisions already. By the time my schools admit and reject, I might be here celebrating and/or crying by myself!

No but an admit from last week said her letter was dated (I believe) "February 12" so I can only hope that they'll be notifying tomorrow.

splendid, I've been checking the website regularly to no avail. anyone know how many students they admit per year? assuming that not all the NW applicants will post their results on the page and that the 5 admits already posted are legit, I'm not getting my hopes up.

On another note, how are other theorists doing? Anyone else apply to Johns Hopkins?

No but an admit from last week said her letter was dated (I believe) "February 12" so I can only hope that they'll be notifying tomorrow.

From PoliSciJobRumors:

The skepticism about Northwestern is unwarranted (unless my decision link disappears). I know of two other people who have been admitted (one personally, the other PM'd me from the Gradcafe). We are all theorists, so it may be that the Theory decisions have been made. I know a comparativist who does not have a decision yet.

uh oh fellow theorists who applied to NW...