PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning to you all! It seems like UCLA has been sending out rejection e-mails last night. SIgnals what we are up for today, especially UCLA and Univ of Washington, possibly Duke!

EDIT: Congrats to the one accepted to Stanford!

Good morning to you all! It seems like UCLA has been sending out rejection e-mails last night. SIgnals what we are up for today, especially UCLA and Univ of Washington, possibly Duke!

EDIT: Congrats to the one accepted to Stanford!

Speak of the devil. There's now a Duke acceptance on the results page. Looks like we're in for a wild ride today.

Looking at all the places I applied I see only Northwestern coming out this week (or is it?). The grad secretary at Purdue, my ultimate safety school, told me on Monday that my file is with the last member of the committee and I should know unofficially by Friday (i.e. tomorrow).

Over at the Marquette MA program, another safety, the DGS mailed me saying that my file is still to be seen by two more members of the committee but with comments from members who have already reviewed my file I look good for acceptance. Official decision to come in a week and funding decision to come at end February.

Oh well. :|

(and congrats to the person who got into Duke. :) )

Did you guys notice we are already near surpassing the hopelessly long decisions thread of last year and we are not even close to February's last week and March's 1st week, probably the two most busiest weeks in admissions calendar.

EDIT: we have already surpassed that. :oops: :lol:

Anyone ever wonder what happened to UNC? :lol: I think we all forgot.

True! We all thought that UNC would be one of the first schools to notify along with UVA and then we sort of forgot once Duke sent out rejection e-mails. I'm curious myself now, did anyone hear back from UNC?

Have you guys and gals checked your Duke application? I'm still not showing anything.

I'm not seeing anything either. However, another person just posted an acceptance on the results page. It said they were accepted 2 days ago though, which is really strange.

Have you guys and gals checked your Duke application? I'm still not showing anything.

Mine doesn't show anything either, but I have a bad feeling about this if I don't hear back soon. Because, according to last year's trend, Duke seems to send out acceptances and then the remaining rejections. But you never know and that one post could be bogus. Let's wait a bit and see.

I'm curious myself now, did anyone hear back from UNC?

I think that if there had been any motion from UNC we would have heard about it--the gradcafe's web of informants is pretty broad this year.

Congrats to all you Berkeley folks--I wasn't really expecting to get in, but nevertheless the silence in my inbox feels like the cancellation of Christmas.