PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i don't know what to think about that post... i really think its bogus..... what do u think?

I'd say bogus because no other ones have gone up, unless the cohort is going to be tiny or none of the other people admitted know about GradCafe - which seems unlikely. I'd say wait and see if anything more turns up later this week, if not we're on for a mid-March UPenn deluge!

I got my rejection form letter 2/13. It was dated 2/10. Has anyone heard anything from BC? I understand they only enroll 5 students a year, so maybe they only admit 10-15 out of a field of ??? applicants...

This was my first notifcation, so I'm officially 0 for 1 with 6 to go. Just wondering if there's anyone else out there who applied to BC. It was my safety school - so much for that.

I got my rejection form letter 2/13. It was dated 2/10. Has anyone heard anything from BC? I understand they only enroll 5 students a year, so maybe they only admit 10-15 out of a field of ??? applicants...

This was my first notifcation, so I'm officially 0 for 1 with 6 to go. Just wondering if there's anyone else out there who applied to BC. It was my safety school - so much for that.

BC's a funny school to get a feel for in terms of acceptances/rejections. A friend of mine currently at Michigan was rejected by BC, too. I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think it's a good measuring stick for how you'll do with your other applications.

Just got an e-mail from Penn saying that I was admitted, but I was on a waitlist for funding, but that I couldn't matriculate without funding. So...that means I'm waitlisted? You all seem to be much better informed about all this than I am.

It means that at the moment, you are more than welcome to attend, but we will not give you a cent to-do-so...however, if the funds open up, we may do that.