PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

I just got a phone call from a professor at University of Michigan, telling me I got accepted.

He told me that they're admitting 25 students this year and are expecting 15.

It seemed like it was a very informal phone call, but students weekend is March 13-15.

yaaay!

Yowza! Super duper congrats!

EDIT: Anybody else notice that we've now seen email, snailmail, and telephone acceptances? Talk about methodological pluralism...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a phone call from a professor at University of Michigan, telling me I got accepted.

It seemed like it was a very informal phone call, but students weekend is March 13-15.

yaaay!

Congrats rlayla, this is positively fantastic--you should be proud. Now you have two difficult choices. :)

Plisar

yaaay!

woohoooo congrats.. you're unstoppable.. :D

dang 800V. so you're that *dot* in that score distribution curve on those GRE graphs. gonna get noticed friend, gonna get noticed.

theory? american?

tortured mix of IR and comparative with some theory thrown in for good measure. my guess was that princeton's public law concentration would be the best fit for me, but who knows if they'll feel the same way...

The Columbia faculty met today. News will most likely be coming to the admits early next week.

Ohmygod!Ohmygod!Ohmygod! I've been rejected by Yale and Emory so far so I'm nervous about Columbia. BUT, I know that of all of the schools I've applied to Columbia is a PERFECT fit for my research interests. I just hope they agree!!! :D

Edit: Please forgive the shrieking nature of the beginning of my post and the unforgivable use of caps. I'm just very nervous/excited about Columbia. :oops:

Ohmygod!Ohmygod!Ohmygod! I've been rejected by Yale and Emory so far so I'm nervous about Columbia. BUT, I know that of all of the schools I've applied to Columbia is a PERFECT fit for my research interests. I just hope they agree!!! :D

Edit: Please forgive the shrieking nature of the beginning of my post and the unforgivable use of caps. I'm just very nervous/excited about Columbia. :oops:

good luck!!!

(i think we're all feeling a little shriek-y these days...)

I wish you the best of luck, let's hope the (adcomm) gods find favor in you ...