PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news from UW-Seattle? Nothing has been posted after a few "unofficial" acceptances...

I think a few people got very informal calls (I got one, they wanted to check that I was still interested in the program and try to sell me on the fit, but didn't actually ever say "you're in," though I'd be surprised not to be...), and I think all of those calls indicated that they were two weeks away from actually releasing decisions. So look back at when those calls were reported on the board (I don't remember the exact date) and add two weeks.

My TAMU application page says this.

Political Science has returned your application to our office with an admissions decision on 2/19/2009, and we will communicate this decision via postal mail as long as you have paid the application fee.

I suspect applicants who got admitted get an e-mail or a phone call before the official postal mail. Is it not so?

Looks like TAMU ditched me. Oh well. :|

My TAMU application page says this.

Political Science has returned your application to our office with an admissions decision on 2/19/2009, and we will communicate this decision via postal mail as long as you have paid the application fee.

I suspect applicants who got admitted get an e-mail or a phone call before the official postal mail. Is it not so?

Looks like TAMU ditched me. Oh well. :|

They still haven't made a decision on me, it seems. What date was your app forwarded to the Poli Sci Dept for consideration?

They still haven't made a decision on me, it seems. What date was your app forwarded to the Poli Sci Dept for consideration?

I have no idea. My transcripts came way past the deadline and all the while my status page stated that my file has not been forwarded to the department. I called them up and sure enough the department has received the transcripts but just haven't updated my status. Then kaboom and there was this new status I saw today.

Maybe they are still evaluating your file?

I have no idea. My transcripts came way past the deadline and all the while my status page stated that my file has not been forwarded to the department. I called them up and sure enough the department has received the transcripts but just haven't updated my status. Then kaboom and there was this new status I saw today.

Maybe they are still evaluating your file?

Don't know if this will help but I'll tell you my timeline from TAMU.

On Thursday, February 5, I came home and had an overnighted package on my front porch with my offer letter from the Department. The following Monday I started receiving e-mails from the department. By the end of that week (around the 12th or 13th) my status on the application page changed to exactly what you had. Then, just last Wednesday, I received a letter from the Graduate College saying "this is your official admissions letter, you may receive communications directly from the department" or something like that...

Good luck!

Don't know if this will help but I'll tell you my timeline from TAMU.

On Thursday, February 5, I came home and had an overnighted package on my front porch with my offer letter from the Department. The following Monday I started receiving e-mails from the department. By the end of that week (around the 12th or 13th) my status on the application page changed to exactly what you had. Then, just last Wednesday, I received a letter from the Graduate College saying "this is your official admissions letter, you may receive communications directly from the department" or something like that...

Good luck!

That's quite interesting. Thanks for sharing. I believe they have sent my official letter last thursday/friday. I am not in the US and it may take a few weeks to receive the letter. I haven't got any e-mail yet although the "following monday" hasn't arrived yet either. I am pessimistic but your post sure upped my hopes. :)

I'm in the same boat... by the way whats the deal with Georgetown and Johns Hopkins? They already started notifying? :?:

If you believe the results page, it looks that way. Given the state of affairs and a lot of second guessing myself since I haven't been accepted anywhere yet, I'm not too hopeful. The only one left for me that hasn't notified anyone yet apparently is MIT. Anyone know when they might start notifying?

My TAMU status says "This text will update when we have received an admission decision from Political Science." or something like this. I hate these varying timelines.

In my experience there was a definite lag between when the department made their decision and when the Graduate College actually posted a status change. And even at that, the change didn't provide any real information...

I'm sorry they're being pokey for so many people! I am dealing with that with some other programs I have applied to (for Public Policy) so I can sympathize!

A new workweek is upon us. My sense is that Georgetown and Notre Dame will be notifying people as early as tomorrow morning.

Yeah I see ND notifications coming tomorrow as well since they made their final decisions on Friday. I don't know how it works for Georgetown though. Hope it is by subfield!