Safety Schools

stationof

I hate the idea of calling a program a safety, but does anyone know of any schools that have a decent reputation, good student work, but have a reasonable acceptance rate. I'm a printmaker but my work in print is more conceptual, rather than traditional printing or heavily process oriented, so its been difficult finding schools in which I would fit in.

Can you say what state you're in? I recommend applying to a number of decent state schools. Then, in case you don't get funding, at least you can pay in-state tuition. (Or for when your funding runs out, which is what happened to me.)

There are a lot of perfectly decent MFA programs in Texas. While UT is the best known, I personally do not feel it is the best. In photo I would probably go with University of Houston first, then North Texas. North Texas is actually quite competitive as well, so you might use UTSA and Texas Tech as fallback schools.