Too many GRE books?

ad0rkable

I'm new to this as I'm closing in on my last year as an undergrad. I'm looking to apply for the Fall of 2012. I've ordered 3 books:

*The Official Guide to the GRE revised General Test

*Barron's New GRE, 19th Edition

*Cracking the New GRE with Dvd, 2012 Edition

I'm wondering if I even made the right choices. I've never taken the GRE test. I'm wondering if I ordered too many books? Am I overwhelming myself? I just want to make sure I cover everything and if one book isn't good enough the other will, I hope.

Any opinions are appreciated! Thank you!

That should give you a good amount of study material, and you will definitely be able to get a feel for the type of questions being asked during the test. Is it too much? I think this depends. Are you a good test taker, what type of programs are you aiming for, what do you need to score for given programs, etc.? Really, I think you should score pretty well if you are reviewing that much material for the test.

Also, as far as study material I think some of us would probably note certain books do a better job reviewing one section than the other.

Thank you, Orst!

That makes sense - I am a "decent" test taker. I'll be applying to the Masters in Public Health (MPH) programs. A school coordinator told me that as far as the score needed, no one really knows because of the new GRE exam. They'll know by November of what the minimum requirement is. I feel that I have given me enough time to study all 3 books. It's better to be safe than sorry, and I rather cover as much as I can. I just always hear about people buying one or two books. I didn't know if I was wasting money!

I am currently using the Cracking the GRE Book that I checked out from my school's library. I am also looking to get a dual degree in Public Health and need the GRE to apply to the program. I only need 1000 as a minimum at my university.

Thanks everyone! I don't have Manhattan. I just used the top most used books, I guess. I know that the Cracking one has the disc so you can practice on a computer. Not sure which is best, computer or paper, but I'm most towards computer.