Anyone Apply to Boston Area Schools?

yacobito

Hello All,

I am just curious if anyone applied to Boston area engineering programs. I am currently working in Cambridge and have applied to the following programs...

MIT (EE)

Harvard (Applied Physics)

Boston University (Biomedical Eng and Materials Science Eng)

I know I am all over the place by I have an interest in bio-nano-photonics and it falls into all kinds of departments.

Can't wait to find out if I get in! Good luck to all!

-----

B.S. Physics and Mathematics (3.7)

M.S. Electrical Engineering (3.4)

Professional work (5 years) - MEMS Engineer

I also work in Cambridge area, too (more specifically Kendal square).

My major is CS. I only applied to MIT in Boston Area, because the other schools like harvard, bc, bu, tufts has no professors I'm interested in.

My first impression on Boston is.. it's like a bio-tech city. A lot of bio-related labs, hospitals, and companies... :D

freshprince, did you get in? How did they notify you?

leogk, I also work in the Tech Square area! I work at Analog Devices on Osborne St. Bio-Tech rules Boston for sure.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be applying to Boston Area schools for an MS and maybe PhD in biomedical engineering. Does anyone know what gpa range they typically accept for biomed at these programs? I have a 3.5 and am worried that I wouldn't be able to get into BU, Harvard, or MIT for a masters, although I might be ok for Tufts. I am in the correct range with the GRE however. Thanks!

jayhawk3: I don't know about the Boston area but I recently visited UPitt and the average GPA was a 3.8. They said that this year was the most competitive pool. From what I know the Boston schools in general have more applicants so the GPA requirement might be a 3.8. But your research matters a lot, if you have a paper published or something, that is an admit :)

Good luck!

Hello all,

I got in Boston's Materials Science and Engineering post masters Ph.D. program yesterday. I am pretty sure I headed there next fall! Maybe I will see some of you around.

• 3 weeks later...