UC Boulder

psychology

Hi all!

I've been lurking here a while, but finally decided to join the fun. Anyway, I just checked the Results Search and saw that someone had an interview at UC Boulder... I'm wondering--- if that person is out there (or if anyone else knows)-- does Boulder have an interview weekend or was this an interview conducted via e-mail? Ugh... I really wish they could just do my application first so that I could get all the good and bad news out of the way instead of having to wait for it :)

Thanks!

I, too, am curious for the social psych subgroup. To help assuage my slight (ha!) obsessiveness, I did a results search for UC-Boulder social psych and it appears that they have a later-than-typical notification timeline. Last year, someone posted that they were notified about an interview on 2/20 for the 3/13-3/16 interview weekend. This makes some sense considering they have one of the later app. deadlines (1/01).

GL and I'll let you know if I hear anything, too.

Hey guys. I applied to the social psych program at Boulder as well. But I want to go the social neurosci route if I get in. Haven't heard anything back yet, aside from the initial communication with my faculty member of interest. The waiting part sucks...

Do you think it would be beneficial to "harass" my POI again this week with some brilliant question or something to help stand out from the pack? I know at St. Andrews my potential supervisor had nothing to do with the initial round of admissions decisions, so I got an interview regardless of all my communications with him (and there have been a ton). But things are different for States schools...does the POI usually decide who to interview or is in the committee's hands?

I've called them up for the social program and they seemed secretive about the whole process. They weren't able to give me any useful information as initially they told me they didn't have access to the files. But, I was able to leave them my number and someone called back saying that around mid to late February we can start to expect to hear anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my rejection the end of last week, albeit a baffling one. Apparently, my master's degree and perfect research match with more than one prof, do not fulfill the top two qualifications they look for: "potential for success in program & cognitive science, and degree of match b/t faculty and applicant's research interests."

uuhhhh.... yeah, ok. their loss.

Dearest ShaperImage,

I will be the one with the long bangs covering my glass eye. I will be drunk the entire weekend, hope you don't mind the smell of Mad Dog 20/20. Also, hope you don't mind if I puke on your sweater... multiple times.

We sound like we'll really hit it off, can't wait to meet you!