Fall 2012

cefran

I haven't heard anything from anyone yet.

:( If i don't get in anywhere I don't know what I'm gonna do. I can't live like how I am right now. I just can't do it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah!! Someone got accepted at Buffalo last week!!!!!!! With a fellowship!!!

That's my top choice (price, a cheap move), and I really, really, really need aid. :( :(

I'm a mess, and I'm preparing for the worst.

I've heard back from Catholic and Pratt! (accepted) I applied really early and I think they're rolling. Waiting on Maryland- but I didn't get that e-mail!

Oh I've been emailing someone at Maryland. She told me that decisions were going to be made by the end of February and then when I emailed again to check in she told me that they were going to start sending letters this Monday. I live in Idaho though, so I think it will take some time to get to me :(.

Wish they used email!

At least email is instant. I've been thinking about it, and most programs send the letter telling you they are recommending you for admission first (if they accept you, of course.) That means waiting even longer for an official acceptance!

Maryland is strange too, since I looked at the threads from last year and it seemed they used email then!

Oh okay, I live close to Maryland. Maybe I will get it today. But they already sent out "recommendations for admissions" right? I found this page: http://thegradcafe.c...ence%22&t=m&o=i - looks like they came in an e-mail.

I don't know anymore! It said on the admission status check page on Testudo that no decisions would be given over the phone or in email correspondence. And the lady in the office that I've been emailing said that decisions would be sent out in the mail starting on the 5th. So now I am royally confused. It doesn't help that I am pretty sure UMD only accepts around 15 Masters students for Library Science :(

If anyone's waiting to hear about the MI program at Toronto, I emailed the admissions officer at UofT and she told me that the committee is meeting and they hope to have decisions by next week.

You wouldn't happen to know if that applies to PhD applicants too would you?

Hmmm I just called the UMD Student Services office and was told that the letters containing admission decisions were only mailed out today. And when I mentioned that I saw online that people had posted acceptances she seemed surprised.

Interesting... Maybe all those people are hist/libsci and therefore different. I will post when I get the decision. If it was mailed today then I am expecting Saturday or Monday. And 15 students!?!?!! Really? Is that just for the general concentration?

Edited by k1111

Got accepted to Rutgers!!!

Does anyone know whether they would have sent funding info (if any) with the acceptance letter?

---Hello! If you don't mind, how did you find out? I've been waiting to hear from them as they are my other top choice! I'm nervous too. By any chance did you hear from University of Buffalo?

Interesting... Maybe all those people are hist/libsci and therefore different. I will post when I get the decision. If it was mailed today then I am expecting Saturday or Monday. And 15 students!?!?!! Really? Is that just for the general concentration?

Yes please do post! And yeah 15. Somehow during my research I found stats from 2008. From 250 applications, they took 46 PhD students, 15 masters students, and 13 dual degree students. I'm not sure how much has changed since then, but it put it in perspective for me!

Got accepted to Rutgers!!!

Does anyone know whether they would have sent funding info (if any) with the acceptance letter?

---Hello! If you don't mind, how did you find out? I've been waiting to hear from them as they are my other top choice! I'm nervous too. By any chance did you hear from University of Buffalo?

Nothing from Buffalo yet.

Rutgers sent postal mail dated 3/5.

You wouldn't happen to know if that applies to PhD applicants too would you?

No, sorry. I suggest that you contact Laura Jantek, the admissions officer, though. She's been absolutely wonderful and really helpful with this whole process.

Hi all!

I applied to UNC, UCLA, U Illinois and UT Austin for the fall, and was accepted at all of them except UCLA (they haven't gotten back to me one way or the other! So late!).

I've decided to go to UT, as I'm interested in archiving and they have such a flexible, hands on program. Also...it's in Austin! Such a cool city! Is anyone else headed there this fall?

Also, does anyone have any leads on scholarships that are still open for applications? It seems that I was a bit late to the scholarship application party, so I've missed a lot of deadlines. Ugh.

Good luck, everyone!

Hi all!

I applied to UNC, UCLA, U Illinois and UT Austin for the fall, and was accepted at all of them except UCLA (they haven't gotten back to me one way or the other! So late!).

I've decided to go to UT, as I'm interested in archiving and they have such a flexible, hands on program. Also...it's in Austin! Such a cool city! Is anyone else headed there this fall?

Also, does anyone have any leads on scholarships that are still open for applications? It seems that I was a bit late to the scholarship application party, so I've missed a lot of deadlines. Ugh.

Good luck, everyone!

I regret not applying to Texas

missmandy33... I will be going to UT as well if I don't hear positively from UMD or UNC! I'm also interested in archives so it will be really cool.

And sadly, I am in the same boat as you are, scholarship wise. I've had a bunch of friends go off to grad school with tons of aid/GAs/fellowships that they didnt have to file separate applications for, so I assumed it would be the same with the LIS degree. Oops.

missmandy33... I will be going to UT as well if I don't hear positively from UMD or UNC! I'm also interested in archives so it will be really cool.

And sadly, I am in the same boat as you are, scholarship wise. I've had a bunch of friends go off to grad school with tons of aid/GAs/fellowships that they didnt have to file separate applications for, so I assumed it would be the same with the LIS degree. Oops.

Don't count it out. You can hear about aid later, or apply for your second/third semesters.

Nothing from Buffalo yet.

Rutgers sent postal mail dated 3/5.

Great, thanks! I guess we are in opposite positions: Rutgers is one of my top 2 choices and I haven't heard from them and I live in NJ. So who knows...I heard from Buffalo 2 weeks ago and was accepted. Too bad we can't switch. Good luck!

LindsayLiz -- I heard on Feb 2, so a while ago. I wouldn't count them out though. I feel like they're probably still figuring things out. I've heard that a lot of MLIS programs take a really long time!