Course Syllabi

MAN

Has anyone else here been looking at your prospective programs' course syllabi?

I've been concerned over my math background for Econ. So, I've been checking out what "math for economics" classes each of my prospective schools offer. Then I'll look at the syllabi and see what books they use, what topics they cover, how the class is set up, etc.

I know things may (and likely will) change between now and when I start the program, but I still like getting an idea of what I'm getting into.

I asked for a couple first year syllabi from grad recruiters or professors I already have met in a couple universities. The classes look wonderful, can't wait. The first bioinformatics class at NC State looks to be easier than the one at WashU, but WashU's covers more protein/signal transduction, which is far more interesting to me than genetics/genomics.

I've checked the reading list for the core course at the UCL MA program I applied to. It's pretty sweet - one of the main reasons I applied, despite the fact that I'd rather go straight into a PhD program. I can't wait to read all of the assigned articles, even if I don't end up there. *geek out* :D