1. 1. How old are you

• Under 21
    • 21-24
    • 25-28
    • 29-32
    • 33-39
    • 40-50
    • 51+

yeah, there was some (very little) logic to the intervals, but it's my poll, so nanny nanny boo boo ;)

(four years each for what I thought were the most common ages, and then widening ranges...)

Ha, t_ruth, your polls are amusing. I'm still debating whether I should answer with my real age or my "public" age. At least it's keeping my mind off grad school decisions.

It's too bad you guys are all in the US and asleep when I wake up. I usually have eight hours of agonizing over decisions before the fun begins on thegradcafe.com each day.

It's too bad you guys are all in the US and asleep when I wake up. I usually have eight hours of agonizing over decisions before the fun begins on thegradcafe.com each day.

Not me! But definitely not in your time zone either...

I'm up all night linden (have a little baby who doesn't sleep).

Good to know that others do this academia thing with kids. I'm 5 months pregnant (we timed it so I'd deliver after the end of the Spring semester), and I'm getting nervous about facing a PhD path with babies. That doesn't mean I won't be overjoyed when I get accepted somewhere.

Good to know that others do this academia thing with kids. I'm 5 months pregnant (we timed it so I'd deliver after the end of the Spring semester), and I'm getting nervous about facing a PhD path with babies. That doesn't mean I won't be overjoyed when I get accepted somewhere.

LOL...my son was due (and born) in April for the same reason. So he'll be 16 months when I start my Ph.D.! It's definitely do-able (at least it's been okay so far while I'm working full-time - in the fall I was taking a class and doing my applications, too) but wow, does it require coffee! :)