NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

Stud007- I just got a reply from my department contact saying they don't know yet but anytime now. (also UofA)

Stud007- I just got a reply from my department contact saying they don't know yet but anytime now. (also UofA)

Thanks... Keep me updated if you hear anything and I will do the same.

I am waiting for the NSERC PDF result. If successful, I am planning to take it to the US University, at least for the Postdoc period. Does anyone here know about the top-up from the US universities or their supervisors?

It’s good to know that some of us in this forum have already started receiving PGS/CGS or Vanier awards. Congratulations to all those successful candidates and for those who could not make it this year, please hope you can make it to the next year. Please remember that success develop from failures.

No PDF letter has arrived in BC yet.

It totally depends on the university, city and supervisor. I know at least the health insurance will be paid in most universities. And know two NSERC PDFs who got top ups as much as 15k from their instituations, but this amount was required to get the group plan insurance in their institute at Boston (which is relatively high cost city)

It totally depends on the university, city and supervisor. I know at least the health insurance will be paid in most universities. And know two NSERC PDFs who got top ups as much as 15k from their instituations, but this amount was required to get the group plan insurance in their institute at Boston (which is relatively high cost city)

Sounds good. I will definitely talk to the prospective supervisor before I actually decide to work with him or her. In my PhD I did not do much research and for that reason, end up working with a supervisor who would not spend a penny unless the research work leads to manufacturing a device. Not all research carried out in the university setting results in making an actual device!

2 journal publications as first author, 6 conference presentations. Another lab mate of mine got a CGSD - they had 2 pubs, better undergrad grades and more smaller scholarships/awards than me. A third in my dept. got a PGSD and they had one journal as 1st author and one journal submitted as 2nd author. Thank you for all the congratulations... I hope to return them tomorrow or soon!!

My department chair (who I just emailed) says our department hasn't gotten access yet, though they did get the discovery grant information today. I'm at U of G.

Do you think that we can receive the letters by tomorrow ?

I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting a letter tomorrow. But things are looking good for late this week/early next week for people near Ottawa.

Nope, and we're in the same departement! Good luck! =)

Good luck to you too! :) Applying for PGSD?

Edited by Biotkd

Contacted by the department...I got a reject for NSERC PGS/CGS....:( :( I m soo disappointed!. I strted PhD in 2011 (transfer frm Master)... had 8 publs, 5 conf, 1 journal 2 as a chapters in book...

Contacted by the department...I got a reject for NSERC PGS/CGS.... :( :( I m soo disappointed!. I strted PhD in 2011 (transfer frm Master)... had 8 publs, 5 conf, 1 journal 2 as a chapters in book...

Oh wow, if you didn't get it with that background, I have no chance of getting it either!

Contacted by the department...I got a reject for NSERC PGS/CGS.... :( :( I m soo disappointed!. I strted PhD in 2011 (transfer frm Master)... had 8 publs, 5 conf, 1 journal 2 as a chapters in book...

How many publications as 1st author, not all 8!?

4 conf with first author, 1 second and rest all as 3rd author...I hardly started publishing frm 2010 just arond joining Master program...

4 conf with first author, 1 second and rest all as 3rd author...I hardly started publishing frm 2010 just arond joining Master program...

PS: My application was ranked third in the department (My supervisor had conveyed it to me)... I dont knw wat went wrong..:(.. Anyways good luck to u all

PS: My application was ranked third in the department (My supervisor had conveyed it to me)... I dont knw wat went wrong.. :(.. Anyways good luck to u all

Your stats are good. I am afraid I have to accept the same fate tomorrow.

By the way, which dept. in engineering are you from, if you don't mind?

I have no news, I called last week and they said we get results the same time as applicants, if you do talk to them can you see if they give out PDF results as well?

Sure, I asked my department yesterday and was told not before mid-April, but people are getting answers today it seems. Confusing this whole thing, if only NSERC could let people know when the results would truly be coming out...

(mattboud check your msgs...)