NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

Ok now that I am 100% sure I wont get PDF, what do guys think a bout a research vs development industrial position? I have to decide which one to take by the end of this week and they are both approx the same salary.

What field are you in?

Ok now that I am 100% sure I wont get PDF, what do guys think a bout a research vs development industrial position? I have to decide which one to take by the end of this week and they are both approx the same salary.

Which one leads to a long-term career?

I'd go for dev industrial position ! At least you can make an evolution in industry and go back to academia when a position opens , especially if you keep publishing !!!

In addition you just improve your network.

Has there only been one person who received a letter for PGS/CGS today? If any of you 88 guests lurking this forum have any more information, please sign up and let us know! It only takes a minute!

Edited by mattboud

I am in CS, one is Intel R&D the other is IBM Dev. I am actually worried about job stability I have never been in industry and heard you might be layed off any minute. I am not even sure if I would have the time to publish in a developing position but at least its something new to me since I lived in school doing research since I remember.

Has there only been one person who received a letter for PGS/CGS today? If any of you 88 guests lurking this forum have any more information, please sign up and let us know! It only takes a minute!

One person from Ottawa has received their letter via mail, have you checked your mailbox? R u in Montreal?

Just heard that I was awarded a PGS-D, little bit frustrating that it is not a CGS-D but I will take it.

I think you dont have to complain seeing all the tragedy happening in this forum !!!!

Edited by eliasg

NSERC have told me on the phone that no letters were sent yet ??

So how a person in Ottawa receive a letter ???

Well they told some other person that PDF letters were mailed yesterday, so I think nobody know whats happening in NSERC :D. Maybe there is fight between the mailman and NSERC staff and some letters go to the mailman side some to NSERC staff.

Well they told some other person that PDF letters were mailed yesterday, so I think nobody know whats happening in NSERC :D. Maybe there is fight between the mailman and NSERC staff and some letters go to the mailman side some to NSERC staff.

hahahahahaha

I hope that it is the ast year that NSERC send results via post

I applied from St.FX and received an email yesterday from our Scholarship Liaison Officer informing me that I have been offered a PGS-M. Apparently the results are up on NSERC's secure website so the SLO for your respective universities may be able to access the information, but I was told not to expect the letter from NSERC until next week. All the best to everyone who applied! :)

Just heard that I was awarded a PGS-D, little bit frustrating that it is not a CGS-D but I will take it.

Congrats, I would say take your PGS to a big school in US such as MIT or Stanford so you wouldnt be sad about CGS. and really if you have the chance to take your award outside do it there is a BIG difference for your future.