NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

Any new for Vanier.

The responsible told me that results are now available on Researchnet for the 3 councul. But i don't see anything.

I will try to call the technical support ....

you have this info for all 3 councils, means sshrc too? I applied through SSHRC. Have no clue how it works with them. I guess the same, what do you think?

yes SSHRC, NSERC and CIHR.

I just call the NSERC responsible for Vanier : She told me that they HAD technical problems yesterday and results wil be available on researchnet today or later this week.

Very complicated their lives ....

I just call the NSERC responsible for Vanier : She told me that they HAD technical problems yesterday and results wil be available on researchnet today or later this week.

Very complicated their lives ....

Today or later this week ! This gives an interval of several days ! lol

There will be no NSERC letters today....

So take vacations ...

I know, but I thought maybe the postman delivering mails to an important person like I am, was an important event to you guys !!!

Slightly OT: I applied for the NSERC PDF competition thinking I'd be done my degree this summer, ready to start the PDF Sept 1, but hiccups has arisen that make this a less than likely outcome. I'm aware that failure to complete degree requirements by Sept 1 means that your PDF is revoked, but any ideas on whether this also means that your application is counted against your maximum of 2 times you're allowed to apply for the competition? Obviously if one is awarded a PDF one year that they can't accept, they're probably going to still be in pretty good standing for the next year of competition, but still, it would suck to only have one chance left at the competition... And of course, what with the delayed notifications I am indeed counting chickens before they've hatched. Though I am wondering if I should call them before I get my letter and ask them to forget I applied...

Should day report on the postman journey today ? lol

Please report anyways. Your tale of the mailman's journey yesterday was a lot more exciting than the papers I'm supposed to be reading ^_^

Please report anyways. Your tale of the mailman's journey yesterday was a lot more exciting than the papers I'm supposed to be reading ^_^

OK dude, I'll keep posting everyday till you guys receive your letters.

Nothing received today :-/

Cheers :-)

I have made 2 different calls, one to researchnet and one to NSERC Vanier :

Researchnet : Results are now available in researchnet for the 3 councils

NSERC VANIER : Results will be available today or later this week

Who i am supposed t trust ??

Edited by eliasg

I have made 2 different calls, one to researchnet and one to NSERC Vanier :

Researchnet : Results are now available in researchnet for the 3 councils

NSERC VANIER : Results will be available today or later this week

Who i am supposed t trust ??

What you get is what you see ! as we don't see any result on Researchnet , it means that you have to trust NSERC, don't you think so ?

Slightly OT: I applied for the NSERC PDF competition thinking I'd be done my degree this summer, ready to start the PDF Sept 1, but hiccups has arisen that make this a less than likely outcome. I'm aware that failure to complete degree requirements by Sept 1 means that your PDF is revoked, but any ideas on whether this also means that your application is counted against your maximum of 2 times you're allowed to apply for the competition? Obviously if one is awarded a PDF one year that they can't accept, they're probably going to still be in pretty good standing for the next year of competition, but still, it would suck to only have one chance left at the competition... And of course, what with the delayed notifications I am indeed counting chickens before they've hatched. Though I am wondering if I should call them before I get my letter and ask them to forget I applied...

This is my problem as well, do you think they are very strict on the defense date to be before Sep 1? I dont think you calling will help know and who knows maybe when you get the award you get alot of energy to finish you thesis, how far are you in your thesis? and why are you so sure that you wont defend on time?