Buffalo

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I am about to send my Buffalo information, and I just want to triple check that I don't need to mail hard copies of my LORs. Has anyone submitted their application already and had their LOR contacted to upload their recommendations?

I have 3 confirmation emails that my LOR writers have submitted their recommendations. :)

Thank you! I am second-guessing everything.

Did you send anything else? I think I am going to send my Statement of Purpose, too, instead of copying and pasting into that box. I am of course sending my CV, too. I tried to get to the post office today, but work stuff prevented that so I will be at the post office first thing in the morning sending it priority mail, so I hope they get it in time! I am totally freaking out!

Yes, I sent everything through priority mail a few days ago. Don't freak out! You have plenty of time if you send it today.

Well, I'm not going to be able to mail it until tomorrow. I'm hoping that is enough time. Ugh. This shit is so stressful!

So, I mailed my stuff to Buffalo this morning, and they told me that first class mail should get there on Monday and priority mail would put it there on Monday, so I just went with the regular mail and I'm hoping to god it gets there by Thursday. It should, though. I'm on the east coast, too, so it shouldn't take that long........

Okay, so now I'm not sure what to do. I somehow missed on the Buffalo application that it states that if there is not enough room on their application for all of the schools you have attended, you must send them a CV of your academic background. I have attended 4 schools, and there is only room for 3. I have already sent them my materials and the application is due Thursday. What should I do?????

Hey Timshel,

I just submitted my Buffalo application this morning, but I still have to send stuff in the mail. Here's what I did/am doing:

I filled out the online application and there is a text box to include your SOP and awards/publications and job experience. I'm also mailing my SOP and CV because I don't trust that the text box will print out nicely at all, and I like presentation. haha.

I'm mailing the following:

• Official transcripts (1)
  • SOP
  • Writing Sample
  • CV
  • And a cover letter, letting them know what is in the envelope

Address:

Director of Graduate Admissions,

Department of English

306 Clemens Hall

State University of New York at Buffalo

Buffalo, New York 14260

My LORs also sent their letters to the above address. You have to provide them with a form, which you sign to waive your rights to read the letter. The letters can be mailed separately.

Good luck!

Edited by rainy_day

Hey Timshel,

I just submitted my Buffalo application this morning, but I still have to send stuff in the mail. Here's what I did/am doing:

I filled out the online application and there is a text box to include your SOP and awards/publications and job experience. I'm also mailing my SOP and CV because I don't trust that the text box will print out nicely at all, and I like presentation. haha.

I'm mailing the following:

• Official transcripts (1)
  • SOP
  • Writing Sample
  • CV
  • And a cover letter, letting them know what is in the envelope

Address:

Director of Graduate Admissions,

Department of English

306 Clemens Hall

State University of New York at Buffalo

Buffalo, New York 14260

My LORs also sent their letters to the above address. You have to provide them with a form, which you sign to waive your rights to read the letter. The letters can be mailed separately.

Good luck!

Hey, I already mailed the rest of my materials. I just didn't mail the CV of my academic background because I didn't realize that portion did not have enough room for 4 schools.

As for the letters of recommendation, Graham Hammill told me when I inquired that they can send the letters electronically. He stated that they would be contacted once the application has been submitted, and many others on this board have already done that.

I guess since I still have time I can just send another envelope that has the "academic CV" they requested with a cover letter that asks them to add it to the application materials I have already mailed in.

Does that sound like a good idea?

Hey TImshel,

Sorry for not actually reading your questions thoroughly before responding. :)

Your plan sounds like a good one! It's still well within the deadline, and I'm sure they go by "post mark" rather than "received by." I don't think you need to worry about sending it priority, honestly. A letter explaining that you'd like this added to your already existing application folder can't hurt.

Edited by rainy_day

Hey TImshel,

Sorry for not actually reading your questions thoroughly before responding. :)

Your plan sounds like a good one! It's still well within the deadline, and I'm sure they go by "post mark" rather than "received by." I don't think you need to worry about sending it priority, honestly. A letter explaining that you'd like this added to your already existing application folder can't hurt.

Yeah, thanks. I think I just had a moment of panic. I just wish I would have noticed that on the application before I sent all of the other materials last week.

• 1 month later...

Timshel--why are you folks freaking out so much? I feel like I'm the only person not having an aneurysm.

To answer your question, log in here: https://www.gradmit....etw/gradmit.asp

On the bottom left, it should say "application status", and "complete," along with a date.

Thanks for the info. I'm not freaking out, just checking to make sure all materials were received. I had a couple of schools say they didn't receive materials only to find them later, so I just wanted to make sure other schools didn't have the same problem.

Timshel--why are you folks freaking out so much? I feel like I'm the only person not having an aneurysm.

To answer your question, log in here: https://www.gradmit....etw/gradmit.asp

On the bottom left, it should say "application status", and "complete," along with a date.

On the row above that does it say "marked complete by applicant? yes " ?