Jackolantern your research!

imalittleteapot

Hi, all!

I'm a big fan of pumpkin carving and sharing my research. So I was thinking, if people can share their research with haiku, wouldn't it be fun to share your research through the medium of a jackolantern?

I invite everyone to take a little break, go pick a pumpkin, and carve the main subject or idea of your research into it.

Once you carve your pumpkin, we can use flickr to share pictures of our glowing jack o'lanterns with a 1-sentence description.

Flickr Group "Jackolantern your research": http://www.flickr.com/groups/1802851@N21/

Who's with me?

P.S.

Should I put this discussion topic somewhere else? How do I get the idea out there?

P.P.S.

Don't forget to support local farmers!

P.P.P.S.

Roast the seeds!

One of my friends carved a VERY detailed photo of Noam Chomsky onto a pumpkin last year. It took an entire evening but in the end it absolutely looked like a professional did it, really amazing. I'd post a link to a picture if it wouldn't eliminate what little anonymity I still have on this site. His tactic: print the image you would like to carve, tape it to the pumpkin and transfer the outline onto it with a small paring knife, then deepen the lines you created in the first run with a sharper knife. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Edited by fuzzylogician

I think this is an amazing idea.

Maybe it's all the reading I've been doing over the past two weeks especially, but I can't think of anything I'd rather do than spend an inordinate amount of time carving something dorky into a pumpkin. :D

Edited by runonsentence