What are the easiest computer science schools to get in to?

ineedadoctor

To be fair that site is super out of date and admissions webpages don't necessarily rate themselves on difficulty. A rough approximation to difficulty getting in is their USNews ranking adjusted for size of the program. If you don't have research, then you're probably best off getting a masters or finding some way to do research. None of the schools that it would be worthwhile to go to will let you in without any research experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the UTEP estimator is not that out of date. From the site page - "These estimates are based on information gathered from public web sites in October 2010." And depending on the program, the estimator may or may not have very concrete data to work from (some only provide minimums or rough guidelines, while others provide averages/ranges/percentages).

Anyway, it can't hurt to sift through the rankings on US News or ARWU and read the programs' websites. Many schools say exactly what they require, or provide average admissions data or guidelines that allow you to make a rough idea of your admissibility. This isn't a fool proof process, but without more specific information regarding your situation, I think its as good advice as you could expect to get.

• 7 months later...

You can check out the admission requirements for the computer science degree at California College San Diego. What I find interesting about their CS program is that it’s offered with four different emphasis areas – networking, programming, information security and social media technology. They also have a flexible schedule that allows students to graduate in less than normal completion time. Visit their website for more info!

I would advice you to go the MS->PhD route. It is the only option you have actually, based on my over-simplified analysis of the data you have presented about yourself.