Notifications, anyone?

Lizzle

I'm with you, Media - one step away from covering my ears, closing my eyes and going "LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

The last three years, one of my schools has notified this past week. Not this year, apparently.

At least something from a school you applied to wasn't posted like 3 weeks ago and you still haven't heard anything like it's going for me. Only satisfaction about it was it was like my least fav of all so to most likely be waistlisted at your last choice really isnt too nerve racking. As for something good I heard a great unofficial and could mean nothing from my one of my top teir of choices yesterday but lets just hope what i heard was true. Yes i have like 4 places all ranked number 1 in my mind and won't be able to decide if I got into them all or even two of them.

Yes i have like 4 places all ranked number 1 in my mind and won't be able to decide if I got into them all or even two of them.

This is exactly how my ranking is. Instead of going 1, 2, 3, 4, etc, it's 1, 1, 1, 1, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9. Although not that I think I'm going to get admitted to even one of my first choices, let alone multiple ones.

This is exactly how my ranking is. Instead of going 1, 2, 3, 4, etc, it's 1, 1, 1, 1, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9. Although not that I think I'm going to get admitted to even one of my first choices, let alone multiple ones.

I hope I only get into one of my top choices then the choice will be easy on me plus I know just getting one of those isn't guarenteed but my ranking look more like 1,1,1,1,5,5,5,8,9

Ha, my ranking is

1,1,1,1,2, 2, 2, 5, 9,9

Part of why I am freaking out with one acceptance already is that it's one of the "9s" and I only agreed to apply to it to get one of my letter writers to shut up.

If #5 or anything higher had gotten back to me positively I'd be pretty relaxed.

oy, mine are 1, 2, 8, 20- and I only applied to 4 schools (I won't tell you how I scored on the math part of the GRE).

Historically, my top two programs have notified everyone who got in well by last week. Except for a single admit posted a couple of days, though, not a peep. That single admit has been making me INSANE, though. Any minute they'll call me, annnny minute, like- Now! ....ok, Now! ok, not yet, but... Now! ARGH! WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME?

(This is pretty much redundant after the above, but I'm going bugfuck crazy with the uncertainty.)

"And if that phone don't ring one more time, I'm gonna lose what's left of my mind..." -The Old 97s

Mine seem like apples and oranges, I can't even number them arbitrarily. We'll see where I get in and how the funding is, and then I'll visit any likelies that I haven't been to yet, and that should put things in order. (Also, speaking of the results page, I hate updates that are like "the department says they may let us know next week." WTF! If you don't know anything, don't tantalize us!)

I'm itchy waiting to hear back from the two long-distance ones that I'd like to visit if accepted because I would have to ask for time off work and make travel plans, and I want to get on that as soon as possible. Of course if I were rejected at both, it wouldn't be an issue, but it's a problem I'd LIKE to have.

So, so true about the mental rankings - mine are 1, 1, 1, 9. I just keep telling myself that not everyone has heard of this place, so lots of information won't be posted here or elsewhere online, which is why I haven't seen a peep about anywhere I applied yet.............

I keep forgetting how many of my schools have been mentioned on the Results Search page. As many wiser applicants than I have advised, I am trying not to think -anything- until I have a decision myself, but oof, I sure do hate to see those schools mentioned in the Results.

Spoonfeeding, are you talking about the evil Stanford acceptance message on the results page? It's been bugging me for days.. ><

yep- that's been driving me round the bend. 3 acceptances? Ok, I didn't get in, boohoo. No acceptances? Ok, they haven't notified anyone yet. But just one? It makes me think they've made their decisions and individual profs have just started contacting students. I've gone from amber-alert hypervigilance to red, thinking if I'm gonna get a call, it'll be within a couple of days or not at all.

(I try and extract a tiny measure of comfort from the fact that the admit wasn't in my subfield, but it's not really very soothing.)

::bangs head on table::

Wow, weird dreams. I had a dream my MA program advisor wrote to me to congratulate me for being accepted to a school I haven't even applied to. And then I was contacted by another school I haven't applied to with a hearty congrats!

Lovely theme to the dreams, but I'd prefer to get in where I applied :?

*hopes it's a sign anyway*

Am I the only one here who feels like I'm bathing in a giant pool of rejection? Seriously, I'm convinced that the world is turning on me. The stray cat I feed? Rejected me today. My casual substitute teacher position at a severely underfunded nonprofit? Rejected me ('cause they're broke, but still!). And, of course, one school last week? Rejected me. I've officially lost my cool :( (p.s., Sorry - just had to vent. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow. Boooo, grad school application process!)