Notifications, anyone?

Lizzle

It also must be said that I'm laughing my butt off at all the tongue-in-cheek mentions of big jewelry. My undergrad professors were just like that as well and I'm like that now. It's so hilarious how that's something so many of us have a proclivity for.

Here's hoping that too, Tonights.

Oddly enough although I have seen big jewelry on anthropologists from other schools, it wasn't the trend at mine. UNC-CH cultural anth professors all specialize in horridly patterned shirts. Plaid, hawaiian, you name it, and the brighter the better!

Congrats zygomatic!

Oddly enough although I have seen big jewelry on anthropologists from other schools, it wasn't the trend at mine. UNC-CH cultural anth professors all specialize in horridly patterned shirts. Plaid, hawaiian, you name it, and the brighter the better!

Ha! Same in our department too! That and the brightest hightop chuck taylors they can find... I'm quite fond of it, really.

I think that every student that submits an application should get a prescription for the drug of their choice! I'm sure most of us could use some anti-anxiety meds....maybe even anti-psychotics.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When you go in to take the GRE they should just shoot you up immediately with Haldol and Valium.

Goddamn telemarketer got me all worked up today. I was on the subway, on a section that's above ground, and my phone rang.

It was an area code I didn't recognise. Normally I ignore those calls but not these days.

I picked up quickly before we went underground - "Hello?"

On the line: "Congratulations!"

Me - ?

"You've just won a free Carribean cruise!"

Me - Fuck. *hangs up* It was clearly a recording.

Grrrrr!!!

Maybe some ativan while they're at it....I've never taken it, but evidently it does wonders. Ugh...what has the world done to us?

I have an ativan prescription as I have an anxiety disorder. Although when you're starting with an anxiety disorder it doesn't do very much (and I don't take it unless I'm truly freaking out.)

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the thread, but I've been checking in everyday... sometimes quite a few times a day. I'm waiting to hear from grad programs too and I agree the weekend is going to be hard. I've only applied to three anthropology grad programs and I'm starting to worry that I should have sent out a few more apps. Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and to thank everyone for their posts- it's good to know that I'm not the only one checking my e-mail every fifteen minutes. :) Hopefully, we'll hear from them soon.

Goddamn telemarketer got me all worked up today. I was on the subway, on a section that's above ground, and my phone rang.

It was an area code I didn't recognise. Normally I ignore those calls but not these days.

I picked up quickly before we went underground - "Hello?"

On the line: "Congratulations!"

Me - ?

"You've just won a free Carribean cruise!"

Me - Fuck. *hangs up* It was clearly a recording.

Grrrrr!!!

:lol::lol: That really sucks...but you just truly made me laugh out loud. Any other time it would be nothing, but now with the pressure...if you stuck coal where the sun don't shine in a day you'd have a nice diamond!! :o

Just got accepted to UMass Amherst today (PhD Bioanth)!!!!!!!!!!!! Best friday the 13th EVER! For all the rest of you out there that also applied; they met yesterday and made decisions, your advisor should call you, and letters are on their way :) Yay!

I just saw that and thought I'd come on the board and find out who it was...Congrats! Any word on funding?

I got my first notification this week, and it was an acceptance! I am pretty excited. This also basically knocks one of my backups off the list, because now that I'm into this school I'm probably not interested in that one, so two down, five to go!

In vaguely unrelated news, the director of a dig I volunteered on last summer just emailed me and said they're putting together the list of people, so I should let him know whether I want to return. It's only February! I don't know if and when and where I'm moving this summer! AAAAAH! How long do you think I can put off deciding?

Argh, this is no time for a three day weekend!!! Two of the schools I applied to have historically notified admits on February 14th and 15th.

The school I pretty much knew I didn't have a chance at (departmental policy against taking their own undergrads) already notified people who got in the first week of Feb. Waiting for the other 3 is making me INSANE, and I'm becoming more and more convinced I didn't get accepted anywhere.

DeVry can smell my fear, and is heavily spamming me with emails that are not exactly reassuring...