MPH CANADA FALL 2012 APPLICANTS

niche22

@Dentist24 and all others who have received the official offer from U of S, please post or PM me the total Fee and Living expenses and living expenses. Also the mode of tuition fee payment ie Full one off payment or in instalments per term or year etc. I got recommendation mail but have not gotten an offer yet. I emailed the Grad Secretary but got no reply. I guess she's swamped with emails from hopefuls. Thank you. Also is there a deadline for you to Accept or decline. Please Share.

@Dentist24 and all others who have received the official offer from U of S, please post or PM me the total Fee and Living expenses and living expenses. Also the mode of tuition fee payment ie Full one off payment or in instalments per term or year etc. I got recommendation mail but have not gotten an offer yet. I emailed the Grad Secretary but got no reply. I guess she's swamped with emails from hopefuls. Thank you. Also is there a deadline for you to Accept or decline. Please Share.

Thought I'd join the discussion.

Applied: UofT (Epi+Global Health), York, SFU, UBC, Memorial, Queen's, and Dal.

Accepted: UBC

Rejected: SFU

I've also had an interview with Dal.

My first choice is UofT for Epi. Not really sure of my chances - I'm in 4th year now, and my GPA for the past year and a half is about 3.8, but a fair bit lower before that. I have 2 summers of research experience as well.

I just want to KNOW, haha.

Hello all,

Thought I would join the conversation too. Was accepted to SFU for Global Health last week as well. Still waiting to hear back from U of T (health promotion), U of G, and McMaster for an Msc in Global Health.

Anyone besides Epi heard back from U of T?

:)

Hey just made an account today and came acorss this forum.

Applied for U of T MPH program at dalla lana. Havent heard anything yet!

My stats are:

Last 2 year GPA was 3.82, 3 years of Research at U of T with cells and system biology and psychology department (between 2006-2009). Volunteered at TGH for 4 years since 2005-2009. Most current health care work was completing a 6 month Internship with Community care access centre.

*Crossing my fingers*

For the people who have gotten accepted into U of T's EPI program, I wanted to know if you also applied to the global health research focus.

I still haven't heard from U of T so I'm now convinced it's because I haven't gotten accepted (application status is 'under review')....Is it too early to worry?

Thanks!

I was accepted into UofT MPH in Epi. But I didn't apply for the Global Health program.

I have until March 30th to accept, so maybe there's going to be a new wave of offer after that date.

Good luck !

I was accepted into UofT MPH in Epi. But I didn't apply for the Global Health program.

I have until March 30th to accept, so maybe there's going to be a new wave of offer after that date.

Good luck !

Hey, could I ask what your gpa + experiences were that you included in your application? (Just so I know if I'm even in range to possible get accepted). Thanks!

Hello guys

So excited. Just received an email from CGSR university of Saskatchewan. I am accepted into the program. Soo Happy.

@ginnie did you also receive one?

Thanks

Anant

Hi, Congrats, so finally it arrived, hope to see there in saskatoon.

Congrats Anant,am so happy for you, am yet to receive an acceptance mail from University of Saskatchewan though. Am still praying to be accepted. I believe and trust God and I know he'll do it for me as he did 4 you.

@Anant, Dentist24 and others accepted at U of S, were U given a date to decline /Accept ? Please share.

@ Anant : I sent a mail to the Graduate Secretary again on Monday and her reply was: ''thank you for your inquiry, please be advised that the final admission decision will be made from the CGSR at the U of S, I believe that you will hear from them soon regarding your admission status.

@ Anant : I sent a mail to the Graduate Secretary again on Monday and her reply was: ''thank you for your inquiry, please be advised that the final admission decision will be made from the CGSR at the U of S, I believe that you will hear from them soon regarding your admission status.

Called U of T today, Health Promotion and other fields have not made any decision at all yell but Epi...so for those who are all waiting relax for several weeks they said it should be coming mid April to may

Congrats Anant,am so happy for you, am yet to receive an acceptance mail from University of Saskatchewan though. Am still praying to be accepted. I believe and trust God and I know he'll do it for me as he did 4 you.

@Anant, Dentist24 and others accepted at U of S, were U given a date to decline /Accept ? Please share.

Hi Ginnie, One of my friend got acceptance letter today, so you too would get sooner or later, I haven't given a date to decline or accept.

But got another mail to get registered with PAWS.

Did SFU give you any tentative date about final recommendation for admission as you are in WAIT LIST.

@Ginnie.. I had also contacted the grad secretary. She said the same thing to me. Than I emailed the college of graduate studies and research. They said they were still reviewing the applications and approving them. I got the email last night. I hope you shall get one soon as well. The reviewing process is still going on. Do not worry. I know its hard. But trust me GOD will make for you as he has done for me.

@Dentist24. I got an email only without any letters or something. It stated that the letter is on its way. So am waiting for the letter. They have asked me to accept or reject the application without any deadline. Have you accepted the offer or not yet. I haven't even got any link about my fees or something.

Called U of T today, Health Promotion and other fields have not made any decision at all yell but Epi...so for those who are all waiting relax for several weeks they said it should be coming mid April to may

thanks, I e-mailed and got the same response. just want it over with. haha

thanks, I e-mailed and got the same response. just want it over with. haha

Hey you mind sharing ur stats? I wrote my stats in the top of the page.... is waterloo easier to get in than u of t, u think??

Edited by 2Ez

Hey you mind sharing ur stats? I wrote my stats in the top of the page.... is waterloo easier to get in than u of t, u think??

my stat isnt that great. 3.8 gpa and some relevant research publications (RA for 2 yrs), some volunteering at health fairs and other health settings. I am not sure about the uoft one but waterloo one should be ok hopefully. (haven't heard back yet tho; I was accepted into another program at Waterloo)

Edited by misgengen

Globule, you mind sharing ur stats? thanks

Hey, could I ask what your gpa + experiences were that you included in your application? (Just so I know if I'm even in range to possible get accepted). Thanks!

I did my bachelor in microbiology, and it was a co-op program, so most of my experiences are lab related ( about 2 years in total)

I also did a part-time internship at my local public health agency for 4 months.

I think I had two very strong LOR, one from a supervisor in a co-op term and the other one from a professor I had in 3 differents classes, so I knew him well.

GPA: I started in another program at first where I got a GPA of 3/4.3 after that I transfered to another university/program where I managed to keep a GPA of 4/4.3 (A). Which means that for my last 3 years I had an A average (was on the dean list)

My letter of intent wasn't really written only for UofT, however I had a very clear explanation of my goals and interests (infectious diseases) and why I decided to switch from microbiology (lab) to public health.

Hope it can help you

Globule

Hii Ginnie & Anant,

Accepting admission offer from U of S does not have a deadline. When i received mine they refer you back to the online profile you had created then you just accept. I have received my official letter of admissions,however they did send it twice. Regarding Graduate School expenses, this is what i found out from their link:

As of May 1, 2011, international graduate students are assessed tuition at 1.5 times the posted rate for domestic students in the same program. Students in the Master of International Trade, Master of Public Administration and Mater of Public Policy are currently exempt but may be assessed an international fee.

Posted Tuition rates are tentative for September 2011 to August 2012.

Term Domestic Amount International Amount September 1 - December 31, 2011

• $1,103.00
    • $1,654.50
      • $1,103.00
        • $1,654.50

• $1,103.00

[*]$1,654.50

Total per academic year

[*]$3,309.00

[*]$4,963.50