UT deadline extention - Dec 15th

YES i called b/c none of my profs have done my LOR, and the man told me they had a meeting about applications this morning, that the are extending the deadline to DEC 15TH and then I thanked him profusely. I might have teared up too. They said they are trying to update the web page now.

Miracles really do happen...

If you don't believe me, call them! They were so cool! (512) 471 4991 oopss i typed the number in wrong lol exhausted...

Edited by HaruNoKaze

Congrats!! I'm not in the humanities field, so I have reason to believe mine are still due today. I called yesterday and today to ask about one LOR writer who hasn't done jack squat for me so far and they told me to upload it myself. I tried to get into the UT microbiology website and it has entirely CRASHED?! No matter what computer I use or what I type in to get to it, it fails out :(

Edited by whirlpool4

Is anyone else here having trouble getting their applications to update? (Specifically their UT Austin application.) My third reference letter was submitted on Thursday and it's still showing as a required item, even though my application says it's complete. I guess if the rest of the university had their applications due on the first then then the system could just be overloaded, but I just don't want to take any chances...

Edited by antecedant

• 2 weeks later...

So, the UT application needs to be submitted tomorrow, but other documents can be uploaded later? What is the deadline for the other documents? Has anyone else taken a look at the "Attention Graduate Program Applicants" on the English admissions webpage?

So, the UT application needs to be submitted tomorrow, but other documents can be uploaded later? What is the deadline for the other documents? Has anyone else taken a look at the "Attention Graduate Program Applicants" on the English admissions webpage?

What's up with this? Do you think it could possibly be they didn't have as many applicants as they anticipated this year? *Wishful thinking*

But really, in past years have there been so many schools extending deadlines? First UT, then Cornell. I'm starting to feel pretty lucky, myself. Haha

What's up with this? Do you think it could possibly be they didn't have as many applicants as they anticipated this year? *Wishful thinking*

But really, in past years have there been so many schools extending deadlines? First UT, then Cornell. I'm starting to feel pretty lucky, myself. Haha

Maybe it is because applicants have to wait for an email to upload documents (which may come 24-48 hours after the application is submitted). It seems like this might be a new online system for them? Since I just need to upload the personal statement and writing sample, I will probably do it tomorrow night... after my other Dec. 15 apps are in.

I've never heard of schools extending deadlines, though.

Also, I was just looking at UT's requirements page, and now all it says for SOP is "a short essay." Did this change? Didn't it say 500 or less before?

WHAT IS GOING ON UT???

My status says In Review, too.

I don't know what the SoP length requirement was before, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was changed...

Texas's Statement of Purpose limit is "120 lines of text" - I fit 1,333 words into the box.

Yeah the application page has bee freaking out for weeks. Mine was completed when only half my documents were uploaded. I contacted the admissions office today though and found out their grace period for LORs extends until January 1st.

I found the SOP description to be so fantastically vague that I have them 2 pages of purpose and no more. I hate plain text editors so I just wrote it in word and saved it as a PDF so I could submit it after I submitted the first part of the app.

I submitted mine at the end of November like a noob.

I also stuck to the December 1st deadline. After I got my first app in, it was like I was addicted and I just wanted to turn them all in as fast as possible! Hopefully that won't come back to bite me in the ass...

Edited by antecedant