transcript question

This might be a question to which there is an obvious answer/something I can answer myself, but just to check because, you know, maybe I can't read -- I submitted all of my apps last weekend, and I had checked earlier which ones wanted hard copies of transcripts and which only wanted the uploaded electronic copy of an official transcript and sent accordingly. Most only wanted the uploaded electronic copy -- however, for some of these programs, in the application status section, it's telling me that my application is incomplete because they haven't received an official transcript -- is this just because the system has yet to download the document that I uploaded, or is it because they are expecting an official, hard copy of a transcript? Have I been misunderstanding transcript instructions?

I've found that most of my schools have conflicting information somewhere. : )

Half of my 12 schools required official hard copies plus uploaded ones. Usually it's the grad school itself that requires them, while the dept is fine just getting those if you're accepted.

Most only wanted the uploaded electronic copy -- however, for some of these programs, in the application status section, it's telling me that my application is incomplete because they haven't received an official transcript -- is this just because the system has yet to download the document that I uploaded, or is it because they are expecting an official, hard copy of a transcript? Have I been misunderstanding transcript instructions?

My submitted Penn application did this -- it said 'not received' under the 'transcript' heading on the main status page, as though they were waiting for me to mail in my transcript. But when I logged in again today, that heading was gone and it listed 'unofficial transcript received' under the 'supporting documents' heading.

My submitted Penn application did this -- it said 'not received' under the 'transcript' heading on the main status page, as though they were waiting for me to mail in my transcript. But when I logged in again today, that heading was gone and it listed 'unofficial transcript received' under the 'supporting documents' heading.

Penn state? You already turned yours in? The English department isn't due until January.

Penn state? You already turned yours in? The English department isn't due until January.

University of Pennsylvania history, Dec.15th deadline... I should stop posting in the English forum, huh? :P

Thanks all for the replies! I might just be safe and have official transcripts sent because seeing this "incomplete" status is giving me a heart attack every time I log in. (Other heart attacks include my 3rd rec writer having yet to submit her letters for today's 12/1 deadlines...though she's on it :P)