literature & creative writing

poeteer

also, congrats on your acceptance, whatever genre. I am just seriously losing it, in my own little world. It's hard to accept the first implicit rejection without an acceptance to keep you grounded. My first school and I'm already in Worst Case Scenario mode. :(

On 2/17/2012 at 10:18 AM, Tabz said:

Why can't you move to Denver?

Oh, I live in Chicago and my husband has a stable job (while I am unemployed and on one of those immigrant visas that doesn't allow me to work), which means UIC is my only hope.

I'm not applying to creative writing programs, but I do love creative writing.

I just wanted to send you all some love!

<3 <3 <3

Thank you so much, Stately Plump! Sending lots of lit-love your way as well!

Oh. my. god. WHY are they taking so long? I'm dying.

MFA decisions have been made in the school I went to. SERIOUSLY. I am shuddering at the prospect of my POI poring over each word in my poems and shaking her head.

Hi all. Just joined today after a couple of weeks of not being able to stand the wait. I applied to UIC, SUNY Albany, USC, and DU. I'm curious about GRE and Lit GRE scores... Did everyone else do fine on the GRE but bomb the Lit GRE? If so, thank God.

God, yes. My undergrad wasn't in English, and since I'm finishing up an MA in writing, my contemporary knowledge is good, but not the classics. I scored a 90% on my verbal GRE and a dismal 23% on my Literature subject test. It's so terrible it's almost funny, in a way.

I applied to USC and University of Denver as well as some other Literature programs without a creative focus. Maybe they won't pay too much attention to the subject test...

Edited by vonteity

thanks! sounds like she's having a good season. I didn't apply there (for me: Utah, Houston, Missouri, FSU, and USC) but I almost did. They're supposed to have good funding for the area.

still no news today. yet. stress!

Two things:

1) there's a facebook group for CW PhD applicants someone started. Join if you like! http://www.facebook.com/groups/192118044227048/

2) Florida State started making calls last night (at least two confirmed via the facebook group)--they have a bigger cohort, though, so more calls should be going out (fingers crossed!)