"I am a genius who will get accepted"

Hahaha I love this.

I'm kinda sorta having one of these days. I mean, not the whole genius thing, but I've been working non-stop on my writing sample for the past few hours, preparing it for my first deadline (tomorrow, eek!), and I'm feeling good about my application as a whole. I'm really happy with the way my writing sample has turned out, and I've gotten really positive feedback from LORs on my most recent SOP draft. So now all I have to do is crank up the guilty pleasure music (T-Swift gets me pumped to write about Samuel Richardson every time) and get this stuff polished! :D

Love love love this. We need our positive thinking! I had the most seriously productive day the other day, got like three essays written and all my errands taken care of, and I totally felt like the man. Haven't done anything in the three days since, but I'll take what I can get.

We are the man (men? guys? Gender neutral "people"? We are the people just doesn't sound as good.)

• 1 month later...

Hahaha I love this.

I'm kinda sorta having one of these days. I mean, not the whole genius thing, but I've been working non-stop on my writing sample for the past few hours, preparing it for my first deadline (tomorrow, eek!), and I'm feeling good about my application as a whole. I'm really happy with the way my writing sample has turned out, and I've gotten really positive feedback from LORs on my most recent SOP draft. So now all I have to do is crank up the guilty pleasure music (T-Swift gets me pumped to write about Samuel Richardson every time) and get this stuff polished! :D

Just a question: I was under the impression that several of the schools you have listed for application have deadlines that have already passed? Or did you just turn in the Graduate School application and are now working on supplementary stuff like SoP/writing sample?

Just a question: I was under the impression that several of the schools you have listed for application have deadlines that have already passed? Or did you just turn in the Graduate School application and are now working on supplementary stuff like SoP/writing sample?

Read the date on my post, my friend! ^_^ This was from December 7th...which now seems eons ago, but really has only been a month. Hopefully the next month doesn't feel quite as long (though I'm sure it will)!

ETA: And yes, ALL of these deadlines have passed, so thank goodness this wasn't just posted!!!

Edited by bdon19

Read the date on my post, my friend! ^_^ This was from December 7th...which now seems eons ago, but really has only been a month. Hopefully the next month doesn't feel quite as long (though I'm sure it will)!

ETA: And yes, ALL of these deadlines have passed, so thank goodness this wasn't just posted!!!

I actually realized that right after I put up the post :wacko:. Whoops!

• 1 month later...

*bump*

This needs to be up at the top so that when people get that finally relieving first acceptance they have a place to go other than 0% confidence -- 0% confidence is a wallowing place and no one needs to be reminded of everyone else's happiness.

*bump*

This needs to be up at the top so that when people get that finally relieving first acceptance they have a place to go other than 0% confidence -- 0% confidence is a wallowing place and no one needs to be reminded of everyone else's happiness.

Agreed! This is a much better place to celebrate. While it's great that people who had 0% confidence got accepted places (yay!) it's also really sad to expect commiseration and see celebration about something you're still waiting laboriously for...

(Yes I ended my sentence with a preposition - at least I'm aware :) )

*bump*

I am proud to say I have never entered that thread -_-

boo to self-destructive attitudes

Edited by koolherc

Thanks for pushing this topic back to the top, TripWillis. Because I would have felt a bit sheepish announcing to the 0% crowd that I just got my first acceptance and it feels even better than I could ever have imagined.

No problem, boss! Congrats on the CUNY acceptance! I hope we both hear about funding soon... I'm losing it with nervousness. I thought my early acceptance meant I could count on something, but... yeesh.