Anyone knows about MS in Poli Sci of MIT

CookieJar

Hi! I am new here. I came across this MS in Political Science program offered at MIT. It seems more like an MPP program yet different. First of all it's under the Polisci Department. It's also noted on the website that it's for policy career rather than academia. Still, there isn't enough information on their website about what courses there are in this program, neither is there information about prerequisites that most MPP programs ask, such as work experience, coursework in economics, calculus and statistics. I heard MS degrees would be very quant-heavy.

Their deadline is Dec. 15 but they've not responded to my two email inquiries. Does anyone know abut this program or even better, is enrolled in it? Anything would be highly appreciated!

Thanks for the reply! So it's just like MA in Political science apart from it's policy-oriented? My concern right now is how to go about the application. Should I concentrate more on academic experience or professional skills in my ps? should I even bother without very good quantitative background?

I was interested at the time too, but you have no funding, most students go onto a PhD, and it has zero to do with MPP. I crossed it off my list.

It is a strange program. why so different...just coz it is MIT it has to be M of Science?! this is misleading.

Its a strong program look at the areas you can specialize in I liked the SSP (Security Studies Program)

And also the faculty is very accomplished.

Its a unique degree yes and its one that you can cross register with HKS / Harvard so your courses are flexible.

Have you talked to admissions ?

Its a strong program look at the areas you can specialize in I liked the SSP (Security Studies Program)

And also the faculty is very accomplished.

Its a unique degree yes and its one that you can cross register with HKS / Harvard so your courses are flexible.

Have you talked to admissions ?

Hi! Yeah, it is really good. Don't know the chances of getting in.

I tried to ask for information by emailing them, but no replies so far...don't expect one anymore. Deadline's Dec. 15th. Right now I just hope they don't have quantitative preference for writing sample or any other particular preferences.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...