Geology 2009

solefolia

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard anything from and/or about University of Colorado at Boulder? I applied to the M.S. program there, and haven't heard back from them yet. They're sort of the only school I'm waiting on before I commit to another school that I might like better anyway. (Well, I'm still waiting on UOregon but I've pretty much given up hope) I really want to let the other school know now, but I'm not sure what I'll do if I get in to Boulder. I'm a little worried that since Boulder is a pretty huge program, the M.S. students might not be treated as equally as the PhD students.... I definately can't go to Boulder if they don't give me funding anyway...do schools like this usually give funding to M.S. students? Or do they focus mostly on the PhD students? Any thoughts?

I think I'm in the same boat as whoever posted recently about the Penn State waitlist. Geomicrobiology is my area as well. Not sure if they post on the forums or not, but good luck all the same. I hope we hear back soon! The deadline is coming up so fast.

Got a reject from Berkeley but I don't care.

geoengineer, I think I might be going to BU too (assuming it's Boston University)! May I ask who your advisor would be? It was the only school I got into (besides the one I'm at right now) and my other option is to start working. I haven't decided yet but have until Friday.