Hi all,

I'm an MA-holding, humanities adjunct at a community college, and I was recently accepted to present a conference paper this spring. The conference is within driving distance (3-4 hours), but since my current department only offers travel funds to its tenure track faculty, I'm going to be left paying transport and lodging expenses myself.

My question is this: do you happen to know of any other places I can look for funding? I will apply for grants from the conference itself, but I'm interested in whether or not you know of anywhere else -- NPOs, etc.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer!

Hi JP,

I'm not well acquainted with your area (humanities) but are there professional organizations or a national honor society for your field? If yes, these can be fruitful places to seek funding (although many require that you are an enrolled graduate student at the time of funding). Given that you are adjunct faculty, you may find a better, more knowledgeable response on The Chronicle forums.

Best of luck!

LC