Any good conferences coming up?

Rather than obsess about how small the admit percentages are for my top choices, I thought I'd start a thread that might promote more productive reasons for obsessive googling.

There's a great Law and Lit conference at CUNY in March. Amaryta Sen is the key note speaker.

The deadline for submitting papers is sadly passed, but it looks interesting:

http://www.jjay.cuny...al_CFP_2012.pdf

Edited by Grunty DaGnome

I'm going to my first PCA/ACA conference in February for the regional SW/TX conference in Albuquerque. Can't wait!

Last year the PCA/ACA was in San Antonio. It was my first trip to Texas, exclusing lay-overs in Dallas. That was such a cool town to visit.

• 1 month later...

Last year the PCA/ACA was in San Antonio. It was my first trip to Texas, exclusing lay-overs in Dallas. That was such a cool town to visit.

Yeah! It was a good conference and a great excuse to check out San Antonio. Sadly, I won't make it out to Albuquerque. I will be giving a paper at the Louisville Conference, though. Anyone else?

I'm presenting a paper at the Sigma Tau Delta International Convention in New Orleans in late February/early March. I've never been to New Orleans, so I'm very excited to attend, even more so because my university is paying for it! ^_^

I don't know exactly how large this convention is going to be, though. I'm kinda nervous. :wacko:

I'll be presenting at the CEA conference in Richmond this March.

I'll be at CEA as well. We should do a GC'er coffee hour or something, haha. Anyone coming up to Rochester for the Northeast MLA?

i'll be giving papers at "(an) aesthetics of absence" comp. lit conference at the university of toronto and the derrida konferenz at goethe universität in frankfurt, both in march. i'm very excited, j. hillis miller is the keynote for the former, jean-luc nancy for the latter.

anyone going to either? if so, let's have some brews

Also, this may be an incredibly naive question, but what is this CEA conference that has been brought up a few times? I'm not familiar with it.

It's the College English Association. The CEA is the 2nd largest national conference in the US (behind MLA), and it's a great place to get your feet wet in the world of major lit conferences. It's a great group of people--very outgoing and friendly.

It's the College English Association. The CEA is the 2nd largest national conference in the US (behind MLA), and it's a great place to get your feet wet in the world of major lit conferences. It's a great group of people--very outgoing and friendly.

Ah okay, thanks!