Link to Unofficial Chat Room

t_ruth

Thought I'd post it here in case anyone wants to pop in and kill time (and all the time wasters are here on Waiting it Out):

http://www.chatzy.com/561893647675

**once you are there and sign in, you have to click on the lower-right-hand button that says "join chat."

It will stay open until the point if and when the mods make an official one. Hope it is ok for me to post here!

If a topic comes up in conversation that would be useful on the boards, please make a thread.

EDIT: to avoid impostors, you have to register before joining. someone lame had to ruin the easy unregistered fun for everyone else.

some chatters expressed concern over being able to share more private details (schools, research interests, etc.) and not have it logged, so I've enabled the feature that lets users clear the room. Just be polite and give warning before you do it so that people aren't interrupted in the middle of reading a message.

Ok, so I WAS for this chat room and I was in it last night talking to you for a bit t_ruth, but today when I went to log in I saw the history and someone had logged in earlier today wiht MY screen name.

WTF? I don't think they said anything, but then later to have a friend ask me why I was acting so strange....

t_ruth, is there anyway to make a registration necessary for that room? I don't like the idea of someone being able to talk under my screen name.

sure, I can make registration required. which would take care of the troll thing too. I just thought people wouldn't like the hassle. You can also clear the room yourself when you leave remember...

• 2 weeks later...